• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who has NOT had a starter issue

starter failure?

• I'm on my origional starter

Votes: 136 84.0%
  • I've had to replace my starter once

Votes: 23 14.2%
  • I've had to replace my starter more than once

Votes: 3 1.9%

• Total voters
2014 rtx se
2600 km 1 hot start issue
2015 re flash ( wish I never)
1800 km rough idle 1 kickback 1 new starter
0 km on new starter (fingers crossed for this season)

15 xtx se
1241 miles
bone stock
hurricane 240 kit 2 miles in the grass no issues yet

2014 xtx with mcx 270hp kit no problems but has lowered compression and 2500mi

15 mtx mpi turbo 419 miles no issues

14 rtx stock 5100 miles no issues

AC ZR 7000 SP
1200 km with some random hot start issues.
Reflash 2015 at 1200km:
Zero hot and cold start issue, only rough idle before operating temperature.

I take special care of the right oil level when I change oil (max 3.1 l) (I experiment that too much oil cause vapor lock, and weird hot start, after dealer oil change )

6200km Total, with the original starter.

2015 XTX LE
MPI turbo with gems
Orginal ecu
1200ish miles
Original starter and no issues
--------------------------------------------
2015 XTX SE
MPI turbo with gems
Orginal ecu
1200 miles
Original starter and no issues

Both sleds are used for boondocking and we do alot of stop and go riding. They are turned off and restarted numerous times on a days ride.

Last edited:
2015 Rtx dx 4000km
- a few no starts when hot (almost every ride)
- 2 kick backs last ride of last season (warm and damp weather)
- original ecu (no flash was required)
- bone stock except a little clutching

2014 xtx
-no starter problems or kick backs....i always cool down motor before shutting off
-aprox 700km --2014 reflash
-anti-stab kit--would bog down in deeper snow-sounded like sprockets slipping-- kit cured it
-hindle can
-8dn belt
-8fp weights--2mm spacer--going to add 3.6g weights in tips
-going to add 160# cat spring in front skid--have the parts---just no snow
-2.25" track
- has 1800km now
-machine has overall been good from day one

2015 ST-X DX - purchased new in Feb 2015 (all stock)
Original flash? 1200 miles
No starting issues
Total 1200 miles.

2014 LTX SE
14 flash or original, 9300Km (5800 miles)

No start issues either cold or warm. All stock.

This survey should ease the mind of the new Viper owners that are worried about starter failure. Sure the starter could break but after looking at the votes I wouldn't worry about it to much. The only warranty that I did last year was a sticker peeling off my tunnel so the odds of sticker failure might be higher than a starter failure. Wow do we need snow guys!

This survey should ease the mind of the new Viper owners that are worried about starter failure. Sure the starter could break but after looking at the votes I wouldn't worry about it to much. The only warranty that I did last year was a sticker peeling off my tunnel so the odds of sticker failure might be higher than a starter failure. Wow do we need snow guys!
That was the hope behind it. I'd like to see above 90% without issue. We'll see where it levels out

It sure does!!!! I was expecting around 50% from all the threads and post I've been reading! There is quite a few of us that own 2 vipers and only voted once
By the way we got snow:tg:

That was the hope behind it. I'd like to see above 90% without issue. We'll see where it levels out
2015 ltx dx, ulmers intake and home brew can, 700 miles and no issue's yet, pretty much do the same cold/hot start as nos pro mentioned elsewhere on this site.

dads sled- 2015 stx dx
450 miles stock no issues
250 miles with mpi trial turbo no issues
turbo did not help or worsen how it started or idles.
700 miles total

my 2014 ltx se
1700 miles (flashed the day i bought it) a couple kickbacks here and there throughout last season.
Hurricane 190 turbo installed this summer 0 miles - started way faster and smoother after the turbo was installed
Starter went in my garage without anything sounding weird in last few starts before it went. Tried to start it and made a loud metallic sound and would not even turn over again. dealer replaced the hole starter and starter gear. 100% covered under warranty, should have it back next week so about a 2.5 week turn around time.

Back