• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WINDAGE PLATES

O... IC...

Is that a yamaha thing, Ive had poo secondarys apart and never noticed anything like that, I was always up to date on all the polaris performance junk and never heard of these.....

Im still learning all the tricks on the yammis...

shanksyamaha said:
O... IC...

Is that a yamaha thing, Ive had poo secondarys apart and never noticed anything like that, I was always up to date on all the polaris performance junk and never heard of these.....

My 91 Indy 500 had them!

shanksyamaha said:
O... IC...

its a DOO thing originally i believe.....ive been running windage plates on my machs since my very first mach in 89.....

good for a couple MPH in many cases,but clutch runs hotter which on the machs wasnt too good for their already crappy belt life....but on yammies,the belt life is already thousand times better then DOOS..LOL

everyone always wonders why my sled is 3-4mph faster then every other apex on the gun any given day.....

all i can say is there is no "ONE TRICK".....you need to take every trick you ever learned over the yrs and add them all together to get 3-4mph.

every single one of my tricks i have given up on here at one point or another...;)

Dan

pro116 said:
My 98xc700 and 01 500xcsp had them

Did they call them something else. I rebuilt the clutches on my 98 xc 600 and dont remember them. Of course its been like 8 years since then but I dont remember these... I always read the hot seat and slp catalogs cover to cover and don't remember anything about these in there for performance... I guess I've just been out of the game too long... My memory is fading...

Can you buy just these plates and gain performance from them or are they only available in a kit??? I always had someone else do the clutch kits on my xc's so maybe I had them and didn''t know it....

ROCKERDAN said:
shanksyamaha said:
O... IC...

its a DOO thing originally i believe.....ive been running windage plates on my machs since my very first mach in 89.....

good for a couple MPH in many cases,but clutch runs hotter which on the machs wasnt too good for their already crappy belt life....but on yammies,the belt life is already thousand times better then DOOS..LOL

everyone always wonders why my sled is 3-4mph faster then every other apex on the gun any given day.....

all i can say is there is no "ONE TRICK".....you need to take every trick you ever learned over the yrs and add them all together to get 3-4mph.

every single one of my tricks i have given up on here at one point or another...;)

Dan
\

Think its worth getting on the XTX??? Ulmer told me they work on the Apex well but not that effective on the XTX....thoughts? remember its not uncomment for me to run 20-30 wide open non-stop (overheat?)

Back