• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

yamaha phazer exhaust (made by yamaha)

07Nytro

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
None right now
cannot find the made by yamaha pipe for the phazer. it was on yamaha-motor.ca in the accesories section. it only increased sound by 4-6db and cheaper then the mbrp that i want. anyone know where it went? maybe stopped making it cause not enough people wanted it

If that is the one you're going with to save cash just get the Sno-Stuff can from RoyalDistributing.

That one looks like a car muffler from Yammi....

None of them are "plug n play". Regardless you will have to cut the factory pipe and clamp on.

Good luck.

PS - Of you ride in a populated area I would stick with Schmidt or Excell, Schmidt beinf more affordable. My Aaen sounds wild but is loud!

The Yamaha one is made by Skinz. It's their Ultra Q model. I just put on one mine and it sounds really good. The one I got had the Ultra Q sticker in the box and Yamaha's sticker on the box. It's a ton lighter.

I have the skinz ultra-q on mine, sounds nice only alittle louder than
stock. Picked it up off ebay new for $160.00.
My son has the mbrp, that sounds sweet but very loud.
he paid $250.00 new.
The ultra-q and yamaha are the same.

It's probably because it's not trail approved by the government. I looked at a local dealership's website where they put the accessories in themselves with their own description and it said that it was for racing purposes only.

"Important note: All 2006 and newer snowmobile models are regulated by the EPA. Because this accessory affects emissions, using it constitutes illegal tampering punishable by law unless the vehicle is only used in closed-course competition."
http://www.motorsportsworld.com/eshoppr ... Ultra_.htm

they're in Ottawa, but it confirms what everyone else was saying, it's a Skinz Ultra Q Silencer.

Product image shown is manufactures stock photo. Image accurately represents product but may differ based on Year and Specific Model
Skinz Ultra-q Ceramic Silencers WPS-241-0664 FITS 500 Phazer
description MTX
MAKE Yamaha
YEAR 07-10
WEIGHT LOSS LBS. 5
HP GAIN 3 - Ultra-Q Ceramic Silencer ----------------
Features:
Huge weight savings with increased power to weight ratio
Ceramic coated finish
Easy installation and all parts are included
Close to stock sound levels, 85 DB +/- 7 = That is alot +/- !

Attachments

• pn=241-0664.jpg
    pn=241-0664.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 275
phazerfanatic said:
I have the skinz ultra-q on mine, sounds nice only alittle louder than
stock. Picked it up off ebay new for $160.00.
My son has the mbrp, that sounds sweet but very loud.
he paid $250.00 new.
The ultra-q and yamaha are the same.

You must be too old then if the MBRP is too loud :tg: (kidding with ya')

I don't think the MBRP is that loud, has a great rumble- it's no louder than the Micron can on my sportbike...

I agree its not loud and I bet it would pass sound until it litterally cracks and blows up like mine did.

Cannondale,

Did you ever talk with Skinz about the problem with yours and get a response?

Ultra Q works fine and had it checked at the local offroad park and it passed the Minnesota ATV test of 88 DB under 1/2 throttle (brakes held an motor reved as high as it will go). The ATV noise laws are more strick than snowmobile laws. I like it as its no too obvious that its an aftermarket muffler, it look like It COULD be a stock muffler and has a mount for the stock end cap.

Good point.I believe reason mine blew up is because at time I was running it my tunnel was open and the Ice and snow combined with a very hot muffler just cracked the metal.I bet with a closed tunnel there would be no issues.So really not Skinz fault.Stainless will not ever do that though from what I have seen.

Attachments

• Exhaust.jpg
    Exhaust.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 331

Back