• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHA PREDICTIONS FOR 2013

I will never pay 17k for a new sled. Would go back to a two smoke and ride a 7k IQ before that.

vector06 said:
I will never pay 17k for a new sled. Would go back to a two smoke and ride a 7k IQ before that.
As long as theres easy credit there will be a market for 17K sleds(seen three brand new cam-am quads arrive in my town in the last three months,$17K cdn a pop).

In norway my apex xtx costs about 26000$.it still sells good.a phazer costs a little over 15000$.if you want you buy.wish fore a apex mtx.......

Yeah, my Phazer MTX cost about 14 500USD and im in last year at high school..... so dont complain!

My 2 cents...I have always been a yamaha owner since I was 15...im now almost 40...I have owned their atvs, watercraft, motorcycles and sleds...

I think something some forget is this, (taken from an articel i found online):

Yamaha Company sold 6.96 million motorcycles in the fiscal year ending Dec. 31, 2010, a record high and an increase from the 5.84 million units sold in 2009. Most of the increase came from the Asian market where Yamaha sold 6.1 million units, compared to the 5.0 million units sold in 2009.

In fact, the 1.1 million unit increase was greater than Yamaha’s total sales from the rest of the world combined, a testament to the strong growth in nations such as Indonesia, Vietnam and Thailand.

Unfortunately, North American sales continue to decrease, with the 53,000 units sold in 2010 representing a 42.4% drop from the 92,000 units sold in 2009.
-----------------------------

How important is their sled division when the whole entire world only buys In 2011 123,063 snowmobiles sold; 51,796 were sold in the U.S. and 40,878 were sold in Canada. ????

Just a thought...I dont think yamaha even makes any money on their sleds, so I guess we are lucky they even make them....sadly for the first time ever I am considering another brand...but who knows if I will.....????

Well, we are buying our second Ski Doo Grand Touring SE 1200 within the last year and I'm stongly considering a Renegade Backcountry X. I've owned Yamahas for 33 years and they unfortunately, are losing my business. Love this site but I'm over waiting for a sled that I don't have to drop several thousands of dollars to upgrade components for weight savings and durability. It really is a shame that with all of Yamahas technology that it filters slowly into the sleds.

This is a great site and my Nytro motor is awesome. Too bad Yamaha seems stuck in neutral when it comes to improving and updating their sleds.

i think yamaha is listening, but their R&D department does not get nearly the amount of funds that the rest of the big 4 do..

we complained about hard steering and weight, and power steering was their way of solving it.

i think we will see new front ends on the sleds in 2013. and maybe a new rear skid too.

HartleRacing said:
i think yamaha is listening, but their R&D department does not get nearly the amount of funds that the rest of the big 4 do..

we complained about hard steering and weight, and power steering was their way of solving it.

i think we will see new front ends on the sleds in 2013. and maybe a new rear skid too.
Man I hope for a new skid too!

apex is getting a little long in the tooth, we'll see if it's replaced with a new design.
Iam due for a new sled next year mine will be 7 model years old purchased my ape in dec 05 and for me to drop that kind of money again i do have a few areas that need to be dealt with.
Until I get properly working hand warmers no more yamahas, even my 09 venture warmers are adequate at best.
slider wear, how can i get 8000km out of a doo and 1200-2000 out of a mono.
build a suspension that can stay in one peice front and rear
headlight that actually throws usuable light
tired of modifying stuff to make up for yamaha shortfalls.
was on a xp 800r the other day and regardless of quality i could use mechanics gloves in 20 below weather to stay warm and it turned on a dime and didn't get tired flicking it around in the field, yammy better be doing something soon can see myself on a e-tech next year

I bought my Yamaha for longevity and its a 04 mountain and it does everything I need it to do and it does it well. I am hardly ever on groomed trails the only thing I want to do to mine now is widen out the skis by getting longer a arms for more stability. I would look at buying an 08 Apex just because I like the look of them and I would still keep my rx.

Back