• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

"Yamaha" Throttle Lever Install on Viper

I will admit maybe its just me. Nothing I own has excess throttle play. I have always set sled throttles with a credit card which gives you exactly .75mm which is the minimum spec. My Cat lever does hit the bars at that spec I just tried it. Having excess play is kind of like telling someone who rides different than you that they are doing it all wrong even though that is what they are comfortable with. Maybe I am just to old to change!

You are not the only one, I have a lot of play if I make the throttle hit the bar. I like your black silicone idea. Did you silicone the ball in place or did you just use the silicone to beef up the plastic on the throttle?

Trying it a little different. Needed more. So I set Freeplay with credit card,wrapped saranwrap around grip, layed a good bead under grip,let it tack up and then gave it full throttle lightly and holding it there with zip tie overnight at least.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Now why didn't I think of that. Good idea! I will be pulling my roll of tape off...

Try using window urethane from your local auto parts store. The ultimate glue dry in a day and black. Caution don't get it on your skin it will be there for weeks.

Try using window urethane from your local auto parts store. The ultimate glue dry in a day and black. Caution don't get it on your skin it will be there for weeks.
Yes I bet that would work well! I have used that stuff before. Anyway this dried and seems to work well. I decided to add a little more so another day of drying. Hopefully heater heat wont affect it. But I am satisfied.

That looks nicer than my silicone job. Nice! On mine Now that the silicone is set up I am sure it will be fine. Stops nice with just a little give. Will be extending my wires myself. Now that this is fixed not worth removing the whole thing for replacement. Expecting snow any day now anyway. Right guys!

Just want to say all the trouble was worth it. Got a 150mi ride in Thurs. Man is it nice having warm thumb and although lever didn't make throttle easier it is more comfortable. Thank you Barn of Parts

I used Silicone but yes calltreks was better looking. But anyway if you like a tighter throttle and dont want to worry about pulling cable out just add a little bumper or a glob of Silicone under lever so it hits bar. Believe me I had it wide open many times Thurs and no issues. Thumb warmer also works way better than stock and the lever does fit your hand nice.

Last edited:
image.jpeg
Here's the pic. Cannondale you should still be able to see it. Just click on "show" where the deleted post is

Just use a piece black rubber hose that near matches the circumference of the end of the throttle lever. Cut it to the right length and glue it on. I did that, and btw it's great to have the old Yamaha lever. Rode the boys ZF 7000 for a while and hated that lever. Glad I switched it over.

has anybody noticed that the viper throttle cable is about afoot to long and the inner cable is not plastic coated like say an apex (junk)

Back