• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamahaboy701's Nytro MTX Boondocker Build

Nice work - Great looking sled. Any plans for a timbersled rear? I did mine in red (40E as well) and it looks great. Plus the performance is sooo much better. Again nice work :Rockon:

DamonJones said:
Nice work - Great looking sled. Any plans for a timbersled rear? I did mine in red (40E as well) and it looks great. Plus the performance is sooo much better. Again nice work :Rockon:
Thanks

Well I ordered it in red so we will see how it matches. Also got the float x option. I am planing on powder coating the rails black and drop brackets but that is it so far. I guess I am open for any ideas on setup for the timbersled. PSI recommendations for mountains or trails.

They will send recomendations with the kit - So far they were right on the money but mine is still farely new so we will see. I think their red is going to be darker than yours but it's hard to tell from pictures. That will really finish off your look and the bonus weight savings and preformance increase to boot. Now if it would just snow....

After I got the sled back together and running I installed the power commander. Just "plug and play" ;)!

DSC01485.jpg

DSC01488.jpg

I am curious to see how you like the Power commander 5. Are you running the auto tune also?
Where did you pick yours up from?

YamaMTX said:
I am curious to see how you like the Power commander 5. Are you running the auto tune also?
Where did you pick yours up from?

I had a power commander on my R6 for four years and never had a problem. It made a HUGE difference on my R6 but I am thinking it will not make such a big difference on the nytro.

I am not running the auto-tune for 2 reasons.
1. No real life testing done with it yet on sleds. Will the sensor hold up to the harsh environment of snowmobile?
2. So after 2500 miles on my sled my flex-joint gaskets were shot. They could easily be pulling air into the exhaust. So any leaks on an exhaust system and your AFR will be high, making your sled rich. (I am sure there is a limit on how much it can change the map but still will be rich)

Not sure if Ulmer has anymore but when you buy it with Ulmer you get the maps for free. :Rockon:

Installed my OFT reloctor, easy install and great look. Everybody talks about the quality of the reloctor itself but how about the directions. WOW very detailed, every time I would question myself when installing I looked at the directions and the answer was there.

DSC01468.jpg

BEFORE
Zi6_0065.jpg

AFTER
DSC01497.jpg

mtdream said:
nice job and nice ride....

Thanks MT,
Can't wait to see your sled!

Update:
My TS is on its way and I just booked my first trip to houghton, MI Dec. 18th-20th. So I am sure I will see some TY guys up there!

Yam.

have you thought about wrapping your flexipipes to prevent leaks and gaps?

I have been wrapping my stuff (even the turbo) with header wrap, and my turbo runs a full blanket (for heat reasons)...I would bet this would get you the no air leaks issue your dealing with...

if you go this route...soak the header wrap in water, and you can get it about 5X tighter...it will have an odor for the first ride or two, but that is nothing to worry about...

just an idea...

mtdream said:
Yam.

have you thought about wrapping your flexipipes to prevent leaks and gaps?

I have been wrapping my stuff (even the turbo) with header wrap, and my turbo runs a full blanket (for heat reasons)...I would bet this would get you the no air leaks issue your dealing with...

if you go this route...soak the header wrap in water, and you can get it about 5X tighter...it will have an odor for the first ride or two, but that is nothing to worry about...

just an idea...

Have seen it done before but was unaware it would stop leaks. I always thought it was done for heat reasons. Another guy I know has a nytro with the PCV and Autotune. If he does not have any problems after a few rides I will give it a try. I actually bought the autotune with my PCV but was made an offer I could not refuse on it so I sold it. ;)!

Looks sweet, nice work. ;)!

Question:
Don't you have to install Timbersled drop brackets on that beautifully powder coat tunnel? Fresh in my mind because I just installed on my sled last night.

splaterwin said:
Looks sweet, nice work. ;)!

Question:
Don't you have to install Timbersled drop brackets on that beautifully powder coat tunnel? Fresh in my mind because I just installed on my sled last night.

Yes,
But I have black rivets and will have the drop brackets and rails powder coated black to match the tunnel. I left only some fastners on the stock brackets so it should look just fine.

yamahaboy701 said:
mtdream said:
nice job and nice ride....

Thanks MT,
Can't wait to see your sled!

Update:
My TS is on its way and I just booked my first trip to houghton, MI Dec. 18th-20th. So I am sure I will see some TY guys up there!

LOOOOOOOOKS KILLER, nice and clean with a theme......me likey. :bling

I will be in the UP that same weekend, stayin at the Wallleye in Bergland headin to the Keweenaw area hoping that there is some good snow to ride in the woods.

stopdropanroll said:
LOOOOOOOOKS KILLER, nice and clean with a theme......me likey. :bling

I will be in the UP that same weekend, stayin at the Wallleye in Bergland headin to the Keweenaw area hoping that there is some good snow to ride in the woods.

Thanks,
Maybe going for a small test ride Thursday if we get all the snow the weathermen are claiming. :drink:

Back