• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHEATER Nice Warm Hands for 03 - Current Yamaha 4 Strokes

Jusdt picked up a set of Yamaheaters & thumbbooster from local dealer. He says they have the boost kit but how do I know for sure? No markings on the elec boxes.
This will be going on a 2010 TNytro. Be looking for the wire colors, as the last owner modded everything!!

So do the yamaheater & thumbbooster get plugged together then into the sled wiring? Any pics of the boxes piggy backed?
I'll be going through all 83 pages to find the Nytro install.

culvert said:
Just picked up a set of Yamaheaters & thumbbooster from local dealer. He says they have the boost kit but how do I know for sure? No markings on the elec boxes.
This will be going on a 2010 TNytro. Be looking for the wire colors, as the last owner modded everything!!

So do the yamaheater & thumbbooster get plugged together then into the sled wiring? Any pics of the boxes piggy backed?
I'll be going through all 83 pages to find the Nytro install.

No need to dig though all that! lol

The Boost is actually visible on the P&P with boost. (The bag should also say "P&P w/Boost")
It is a 50x40mm square on the epoxy side. (Epoxy side is the side the wires come out of.)
Mount with this side out. (Away from the mounting surface)
Most guys ty-wrap it to the black plastic headlight support frame.
Left side, under it, wires coming out of the bottom towards the rear of your sled.
(That way the wires are towards the rubber boots with the required connections.).

The directions for your Yamaheater & the ThumbBoost are pretty good, the most common question I get is the connection to the Brake.
(Blue/Red & Green)

They all plug in-line, like this:

Sled Harness >> YamaHeater >> ThumbBooster >> Brake Switch

You are always welcome to call me also!
My number is on all my cards & on all the directions.
Am here to help! ;)!

Rock :-o

PS The ThumbBoost is really small & light, can mount it about anywhere.

Have had a couple questions recently.

Packaging:

We use minimal packaging on all our stuff.
Most come in a Ziplock bag.
This is deliberate for 2 main reasons.
(We could do all kinds of fancy boxes.)

1) We don't do fancy boxes because once you remove the item you are using, the packaging is basically trash.
Why generate unneeded trash? (Ecology)
If the box is REALLY nice, now you feel that you have to save it.
So it's another thing hanging around your house with many times almost no use, creating clutter.

2) Ultimately the consumer pays for everything, fancy box included.
I would rather put your money into quality & dependability any day.

The other item is where/how to run the wiring.
In any wiring job, neatness counts!

Best bet is to simply wire things up, test it, THEN button it up neatly.

Neatly includes a number of things.
#1 Making sure the wires are protected.
This means protected from sources of heat. (Like your exhaust, and/or lights, etc)
Protected from sharp edges. (You don't want your wire insulation cut & shorting out.)
Protected from chafing. (Rubbing through the insulation over time and eventually shorting.)
Protected from stress failure. (Any wire can only flex so many times until it fails.)

Wire loom & ty-wraps are your friends with any wiring job.
They help protect against all these type of failures.

For example, when you ty-wrap wires into a neat bundle, they help re-enforce each other, so the combination of the wires is much tougher & durable.
(And as a side benefit, looks much better!)

Remember, connect, test, THEN make it neat.

Rock ;)!

Thanks Rock,
The reason I asked was the that the parts came in zip lock bags. Thought dealer may have tried them then put them back on shelf for sale.

The install looks easy. But on my sled thumb & LH warmer wires are down by the coolant bottle, RH warmer is above battery.
Brake wires I havent looked for yet.

As long as I find all the factory connections I'll be good to go. If I have issues I will call.

Warm hands

I put a set on my 05 RX 1 a year ago but never used them in cold temps. We road out of Mancelona on Saturday and it was 5 degrees F.
It would take a few mins before I could feel the heat. Later I would have to shut them off because they were too hot.

Thanks for making my ride enjoyable.

I do have one problem. I am not sue what is wired wrong, but the heaters will run my battery dead if I don't remove the fuse. I need to find the problem, of wire in an on/off switch.

Rock if you have an ideas that would be great.

Would it help to turn off my ignition switch? I never turn it off, just the kill switch.

Thanks Bruce

Re: Warm hands

polarisconvert said:
I put a set on my 05 RX 1 a year ago but never used them in cold temps. We rode out of Mancelona on Saturday and it was 5 degrees F.
It would take a few mins before I could feel the heat. Later I would have to shut them off because they were too hot.

Thanks for making my ride enjoyable.

I do have one problem. I am not sue what is wired wrong, but the heaters will run my battery dead if I don't remove the fuse. I need to find the problem, of wire in an on/off switch.

Rock if you have an ideas that would be great.

Would it help to turn off my ignition switch? I never turn it off, just the kill switch.

Thanks Bruce

Hi Bruce!

Am glad we could help!
Is much more fun when the Fun isn't being sucked out of your fingertips by the cold!

Shut off your key switch when your sled isn't running, from the factory current is still being drawn if the key is on.

The easy solution is to change where the power connects.
On the newer models we wire to the Blue/Red wire.
You want to wire the Blue & the Red wire from your YamaHeater to the Blue/Red wire on your sled.
The Blue/Red runs up to your bars under the zip-up cover.
Then change your SIG fuse to a 15A fuse.
This will insure that NO current is drawn when your sled is not running.

Should take care of you!

Always welcome to call me also.

Thanks Rock, great response time, great customer service.

I will look into it.

Bruce

culvert said:
Thanks Rock,
The reason I asked was the that the parts came in zip lock bags. Thought dealer may have tried them then put them back on shelf for sale.

The install looks easy. But on my sled thumb & LH warmer wires are down by the coolant bottle, RH warmer is above battery.
Brake wires I havent looked for yet.

As long as I find all the factory connections I'll be good to go. If I have issues I will call.

You are welcome!

Even if the dealer tried them, it is incredibly unlikely they could hurt anything, we make them pretty tough! :Rockon:

The Brake connector (Blue/Red & Green) is probably by your LH warmer wires.
From the factory, all the connectors to the RIGHT side handlebar goto the LEFT wire boot.
And all the connectors from the LEFT side handlebar (brake included) goto the RIGHT wire boot.

Can be confusing, but this is the way they do it.

PS Have I mentioned I CAN'T WAIT TO RIDE?!!! lol :sled1:

polarisconvert said:
Thanks Rock, great response time, great customer service.

I will look into it.

Bruce

You are welcome!

Let us know how it goes!

PS You can eliminate the fuseholder and a bunch of wire when you connect the Red to Red/Blue.
The circuit is already fused through the factory fusebox.

Email

Rock, could you check your email for me.

Bruce

Awesome product Rock. Just installed yesterday & tested it today.
Ran for 2-5 min to wait for oil light & the hands are HOT! I dont know why I waited so long.

So many rides at -20, -30 not counting the windchill & freezing my hands. No more of that nonsense.

Just installed Yamaheater and thumboost on my nytro. Holy_hit they get warm! What a great product and person to work with. I text him a question and he called me back in just minutes and answered my questions. That's 5 star service!! ;)! ;)!

Hi Rock hope you are doing well, just picked up a 2013 Vector for the wife and her previous 2009 Vector had the Yamaheaters that I purchased from you. Do the newer sleds need the Yamaheater? I am thinking happy wife, happy life and therefore I would rather her hands be too hot then be on the trail and be listening to the constructive thoughts that the old sled her hands were warmer!

Thanks

Back