1. We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.
    Dismiss Notice

Zx2 g force replacement

Discussion in 'Skis, Studs, Tracks and Aftermarket Suspensions' started by belcher, Feb 19, 2017.

1. belcher

belcher Veteran

. Does anybody know if there is a replacement of the g force shock. I just broke the bottom shock mount bolt. ( I did the the same thing last year ). Anyways when I took it apart just now I noticed both shock mounts are broken (lower). What is the best replacement? I bottomed extremely hard and then after the sled road better I figured I just blew the valving but I must have broken the shock and 500 miles later the bolt holding shaft broke and I'm sure it just didn't come loose because I broke it last season to.

3. kinger

kinger VIP Member VIP Member

I am not aware of any, blowjett on here is a Ohlins guru with access to lots of parts, at one point I was going to see if he could build me some ohlins. The G force though work great after my revalve with hygear. If your breaking bolts and parts it has to be something in the valving. People that ride with me know I pound the heck out of my ZX2 and I have yet to have a structural failure of any sort. That said I went through a revalve once and they were to soft and I could bottom out at will so I rode it like a baby the rest of the trip to keep from destroying it. If you bottom at all I would ride less hard until you can get them serviced. If your breaking grade 8 bolts in shear then its obvious you need to stiffen those shocks. My original valve set up when new from ADB lasted I think 3 years before they wore out and I needed service, again when I noticed it was it started to bottom out with no change, I had to ride like a baby again until I got it home. I weigh 230lbs and in a full body Apex and Hygear has a great valve package for me that has worked, if you send it to them I can PM my details so they can look up my valving. Good luck!

Alexander vizer likes this.
  4. aktoddc

aktoddc Newbie

USA
    Snowmobile:
    Hawk
    I know this is an old thread, but I have a set of take off G-Force shocks that came off my ZX2 skid I would sell.

-Todd