• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Zx2 Hyfax

subaru2006

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Polaris SBA
I know there was a long topic on the zx2 that had the reference number for the hyfax replacements(121"). I do know they are ski doo profile #8, but here is my question. I have a 144" suspension and was wondering what length do I need in inches because most are labeled that way. Or which ski doo part do I need to order and cut down to length?
I rode about 800-900 miles and conditions were not that favorable so I think they wore faster than normal. Plus a new track I don't know if I had it too tight or just right. the part that wore which is the reason I want to replace it is right at the shock area seems to have worn twice as much as the rest.

Your thoughts?

subaru2006

Do you guys know if team fast replacement sliders will work. I cant seem to find profile 8 any where.

Subaru2006

most guys will say they ware out fast at first then slow down..it takes time to cure them.this could be 50-100-200-250 ks..depends on conditions..this is why everyone says some thing different..if they dont last long..they were never cured broken in whatever you want to call it...I do this...put snow on them and then ride for 10-15 ks..then put snow on and let them cool..mins.. or longer if warm..repeat 4-5 times and then go 50 ks and same..3 times and then the heat and the cool will be like a pice of metal..heat it cool it..and the metal gets hard..the plastic too..got over 2000ks on my 162 and they look new..my wife too.and she has my 6-4 245 lbs kid on her sled..and they still look new too..first pair I had 300 ks and they were finished.

Pull out the tape measure and measure them to see. I found some that are 64" long and I think would fit a 151" extension. They are in the royal distrubuting catelog

I got 3500 miles on my first set going to replace this year finally.

I think a 144" is around 57" slides. Dennis kirk sells profile 8. But I blame the snow conditions on my fast wear.

Subaru2006

ok i have the link that gives you the make and model of the slide with that length, I have it saved on my home PC favorites and I will get that for you tonight.

I need 121"and 151" for when I go west or stay at home LOL

Attachments

• ZX2 hyfaX.jpg
    ZX2 hyfaX.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 377
Ya I order the 52 inch I think and trim a bit off for my 136. best to measure and order the ones you need. The ones I used to get from the Doo dealer where a bit longer but they closed up shop so I order from Royal now. Even with shipping they do not cost more then Doo bought.

Mine wore out in front of the rear axle every 900 miles. So thin that I could see through them. Only a few thousands of an inch left till destruction of the skid.

I added a extra axle almost in place of where the axle was as a 121 before the extension to 136. No more wear. slides should now last me thousands of miles.

Nope drilled out the bolt holes in the adaptor extention plate and used a shortened shaft from a ski doo with 7 inch Yamaha wheels. Yami shaft wont work as its hollow.

Found the ski doo idler shaft on the trail one day out riding I think. width of idler wheels was the same so only had to shorten and drill and tap the bolt holes deeper. This has worked for about 3,500 miles so far no problems

I figured I would keep this going instead of starting a new thread. I was looked at the information posted above the stuff from royal are kimpex slides? Anyone have any info on these. Like are they any good. Also I found a place here in the US which sells the same thing at half the price around $12.00 USD. Let me know.

Thanks
Subaru2006

sorry took so long.. But the place is called als snowmobile. I still wonder how good kimpex sliders are. I guess for the price I could just replace them as needed..

Subaru2006

Well I received my order using the part numbers as listed above and on these forums. Now I have a question about them. They look like the same style except the edges are rounded, ill add an attachment for you guys to see. also the front of the slides are about half and inch short compare to the old ones that came with the zx2. This half inch short is only from the front hole to mount them. the distance i measured if from hole to front of slide and its about half inch difference not sure if that matters.

after i posted this i noticed how big it was.... LOL

heres the picture..

IMG_20100820_182007.jpg

subaru2006

Back