• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

zx2 solid no movement

Shane said:
stoutner said:
There is a good chance I'll be trying mine out this weekend. Might be heading up to Quebec to give it a little shake down.

Me too stoutner! Where are you going? ;)! Maybe we can meet up and compare notes etc. It would be cool to test and tune together. :-o

Shane,

We are heading up to Le Cabanon in St-Zenon. Should be there Friday by 3 or 4 PM. We are staying until Sunday morning. There will be 3 of us...2 Yamaha Apex RTX and a Ski Doo 800. I don't know if the lake is frozen yet...probably not.

Where are you going/staying?

I PM'd you...

well. we just did a install on a 03 turbo rx-1 and we were also wondering wtf. took 450 lbs of aur asses to colapse that thing and the owner is maybe 140 pounds. That sled dont move when he sits on it. we went threw the instructions with a fine tooth cpomb and its on there right. track is fairly snug with over 90 percent left on the adjuster. I cannot figure this thing out. seems the springs or shocks are way to strong

stoutner said:
Shane said:
stoutner said:
There is a good chance I'll be trying mine out this weekend. Might be heading up to Quebec to give it a little shake down.

Me too stoutner! Where are you going? ;)! Maybe we can meet up and compare notes etc. It would be cool to test and tune together. :-o

Shane,

We are heading up to Le Cabanon in St-Zenon. Should be there Friday by 3 or 4 PM. We are staying until Sunday morning. There will be 3 of us...2 Yamaha Apex RTX and a Ski Doo 800. I don't know if the lake is frozen yet...probably not.

Where are you going/staying?

I PM'd you...

Stoutner. I just got your message and replied. Give me a call. Let's hook up.

RXhopper, put a 2x4 under the front arm on the ground and see if it collapes easier. The spec is 0-2" when you sit on it. Set the preload to "0" and see if that helps.

Where are you at on your setting right now?

I just installed mine this evening and when I sit on it, it did drop a couple of inches (I weigh 260 lbs though). Hopping up and down and I can feel where the shocks really kick in to prevent bottoming. It also doesn't spring back up like a diving board like my stock Pro-Active suspension does. I set the preload on 4 right now and hopefully I'll be able to test the suspension on the weekend.

What I also did notice was that I was able to lean the sled more over on it's side when I shifted my weight while standing...cool feeling. I think it has to do with the suspension flexing/twisiting when I do this and maybe it'll turn sharper when I do this on the trails, I don't know, time will tell.

Another thing I did notice on the install is that when I removed the adjustment pins on the cam, the cams turned 180 degrees as a result of the track tension. I took note of the direction that it turned as well, so that when I set the pins in again, I knew which direction to turn the cam to insert the pins. I don't know if it's possible to turn it in the other direction or if the cam can be turned a full 360 degrees, but maybe this is where some people may be having some difficulty in collapsing their suspension.

The way that I'll remember to turn the cam to set the pins will be that I insert the tool into the slot and turn the cam in the opposite direction that the track spins or idler wheels turn when riding forward.

I hope that helps.

Re: travel

twiz28 said:
I didn't put anything on the floor to simulate bumps just flat on the concrete and if compressed nicely, again this was without the track on but I can't see it making a big difference. I had the cams set at 2 and 4, never tried it anywhere else.

twiz - Did you get your track on yet?

I haven't got the track on yet, hopefully this weekend. I'll keep you posted. I can't see it making that much of a difference though. With the size of some of these guys jumping on thier machines and it not moving I'd really start to wonder. I'm only 185 and it moves just fine.

finally got my rx-1 out of the garage and on the lawn with my new zx2. the shocks are set on 5 and I weigh @210. While it is stiff it does have movement when i move my weight up and down on the running boards--not jumping on it but just like I am standing when I ride it.
Can't wait to get this thing on the snow!!!!!!

Well I tore the hell out of my lawn trying to get a feel of this puppy, all I can say is my very limited space of 1/4 acre with house garage & pool on it made it imposible to tell much of anything (other than my wife is going to be pissed when she gets back from shopping).

I will say it felt smooth and I did my best to get some "G" action going but almost took out a fence in the process, just going to have to wait for trail action to bottom line this thing.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the new ride. I certainly was impressed after my rides this weekend.

Bring on next weekend! :letsnow:

Grimm said:
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the new ride. I certainly was impressed after my rides this weekend.

Sounds good - I will trailer mine up to the Shoot -Out at Old Forge this comming Friday and put her to the test. :Rockon:

Anyone interested I am selling my zx2 suspension 600 no tax let me know asap not sending back you will need 2 mounting plates but i will send the old ones with it

06vectorgt said:
Grimm said:

Sounds good - I will trailer mine up to the Shoot -Out at Old Forge this comming Friday and put her to the test. :Rockon:

Vector,

I too am heading up to watch the shootout. I might bring my sled and ride after it's over. Do they let anyone run/time their sled or is it only for the factory/sled shop participants?

Wayne Stoutner

Need for Speed 2 said:
Anyone interested I am selling my zx2 suspension 600 no tax let me know asap not sending back you will need 2 mounting plates but i will send the old ones with it

I thought AD Boivin was taking it back. What happened?

Back