• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

zx2 solid no movement

Would still like to know why Millinocket Rocket 1's is soft if these are all supposed to be real stiff!

06vectorgt said:
kinger said:
Jeff, what about 06vectorGT's comments on the one he had installed above? Seems that one wont collapse either and thats a properly set up unit??

My concern is why Millinocket Rocket 1 is soft and everybody else is very stiff.

Jeff please explain how this can be - some of us are very nervous about this.

Don't get me wrong... like I said- maybe I'm not used to having all that travel like the pro-action(didn't have). Ya-- it felt soft, but it felt NICE! Gotta try it out before I get too worried :letsnow:

I have enought snow to ride, but haven't finished off the work on my turbo sled yet, maybe by the end of next week. I'll post when I get to ride it.

too stiff

I finally put the zx2 in my 05. I installed without the track just to make sure everything lined up. It fits fine and will travel without much effort. This may change with the track on but I don't think it will have that much effect. I am thinking those who cannot get it to move may either have the wrong plates or did something wrong. The mounting hole for the mono suspension is about an inch lower and forward. Maybe people are trying to use the same hole which the mono mounts through, the one used to position the plate for the rivets? Not sure but mine seems to work fine.

Re: too stiff

twiz28 said:
I finally put the zx2 in my 05. I installed without the track just to make sure everything lined up. It fits fine and will travel without much effort. This may change with the track on but I don't think it will have that much effect. I am thinking those who cannot get it to move may either have the wrong plates or did something wrong. The mounting hole for the mono suspension is about an inch lower and forward. Maybe people are trying to use the same hole which the mono mounts through, the one used to position the plate for the rivets? Not sure but mine seems to work fine.

twiz - I will be very interested on how the system works once the track is on, as you can see in my install pics on page 2 the mounting holes are where they are supposed to be and my sled feels rock hard.

Excell Motor Sports installed mine and did every thing by the book. They are a dealer for ADB and have installed their fair share of Experts X's - Aaron really knows what he is doing so I am sure my situation is not an install issue at all.

06vectorgt, have you tried putting say a 2X4 (to simulate bumpy terrain) under the track and seeing if the suspension feels softer/smoother. You could try it at different areas like under the front arm or rear arm.

My suspension still isn't installed yet and was concerned earlier that it was too stiff as well. I was standing on the rear arm to try and collapse the rear arm and shocks, but it would only move about 2-3 inches, with me being at 260 lbs. After Jeff from ADB mentioned that everything works in conjunction with each other (front and rear arm), I ended up attaching the mount plates to the suspension (still not in sled) and tried the same thing. It certainly felt a lot smoother, softer and collapsed the suspension a bit more.

I think that once you get your sled out on the snow, you'll see that you were getting worried about nothing. Forget the snow, just take it out on your (and maybe your neighbour's) lawn and find out now. Run over a few garden gnomes to simulate the bumps. :rofl:

Grimm said:
06vectorgt, have you tried putting say a 2X4 (to simulate bumpy terrain) under the track and seeing if the suspension feels softer/smoother. You could try it at different areas like under the front arm or rear arm.

My suspension still isn't installed yet and was concerned earlier that it was too stiff as well. I was standing on the rear arm to try and collapse the rear arm and shocks, but it would only move about 2-3 inches, with me being at 260 lbs. After Jeff from ADB mentioned that everything works in conjunction with each other (front and rear arm), I ended up attaching the mount plates to the suspension (still not in sled) and tried the same thing. It certainly felt a lot smoother, softer and collapsed the suspension a bit more.

I think that once you get your sled out on the snow, you'll see that you were getting worried about nothing. Forget the snow, just take it out on your (and maybe your neighbour's) lawn and find out now. Run over a few garden gnomes to simulate the bumps. :rofl:

Hi Grimm - I will try the 2x4 trick just for grins, my friend told me that when he had his Xpert installed it took about a days ride to losen up (they are using the same shocks in ZX2). I'm surprised the Expert folks haven't chimed in on this if this is the case.

ADB is a reputable company and I'm not overly worried about this being corrected (if need be). Waiting for snow to give her the acid test and at which point I will know what direction I have to persue.
Garden knomes BEWARE! :die

travel

I didn't put anything on the floor to simulate bumps just flat on the concrete and if compressed nicely, again this was without the track on but I can't see it making a big difference. I had the cams set at 2 and 4, never tried it anywhere else.

stoutner said:
There is a good chance I'll be trying mine out this weekend. Might be heading up to Quebec to give it a little shake down.

Me too stoutner! Where are you going? ;)! Maybe we can meet up and compare notes etc. It would be cool to test and tune together. :-o

Back