• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ZX2 UPDATE for those having rebound and stutter bump issues!

Hahahaha yohooo so true :)

Finally got through!

Hugo quoted me $189.98
For all interested the part number is as follows;

"ZX2-soft-spring-kit"

Re: ZX2 UPDATE for those having rebound and stutter bump iss

Shane said:
I just spoke with Dennis and Hugo at AD Boivin about the rebound issue and firm ride in the stutter bumps. They have a triple rate spring that is extra soft in the beginning and gets progressively stiffer as you progress through the stroke. Unfortunately this upgrade costs $180 but hopefully it will be well worth it. Dennis said that the shocks were originally set up to work with up to two riders but they found that when riding solo it was too stiff. They are on back order for two weeks. Hopefully this will be the solution and we will finally be able to capture the incredible ride this skid can provide. ;)!

Shane,

Did you order a set? I'm about to fire off the cash for this option.
From what I've been told these tripple rates are a "win win win" situation.

Lou

Springs came in the other day. I can't wait to get them installed and give 'em a try! ;)!

You gotta take the sled for a spin in your backyard and keep us updated, yeah I know there is no snow yet .... LOL :) but I can't wait to hear what you think of the new springs.

Hmmm--I was determined to revalve my shocks but am now tempted to try the tripple rate springs. The dual rate springs made a world of difference but still need to slow down rebound. Anyone interested in a used set of strait rate or dual rate springs?

So I installed the new springs last night. They come with a nylon spacer that goes over the shock first. Be careful as there is an anti wear guard that is held in place by a circlip at the top and bottom (only need to remove the top one) that has to be removed for the nylon spacers to fit over the shock body. The springs need to go on with the tightly wound end at the base and be sure that the nylon spacer is on correctly by ensuring that the spring, the spacer and the adjusting collar all seat together firmly.

Here is my question: I thought that there would now be "set in" with the new springs as they are supposedly a "lighter" set up. Does anybody have any info? I can't call Denny today as I am in meetings all day. Thanks in advance.

Shane

P.S. I can't wait to try this new set up.! :jump:

Shane,

Can you push down on the back of the sled and get any movement or is it like it was before. It may just be the nature of the beast as far as the skids geometry.

Keep us posted! :Rockon:

I debated getting the tripple rate springs vs. a revalve with my dual rate sprimgs. After speaking with Luke at Stadium performance I believe I am going with the revalve for now

Just an update for those interested in the revalve with the ZX2 shocks. I used the information ADBoivin provided rxrider for the revalve. Which replaced the rebound stack from the DB-09 shocks with the DB-15 rebound stack.

Run the other way. Horrible and costly decison on my part. The shocks are back in the box and are heading out today to go back to stock settings.

I put on 380 miles Saturday and was not sure if I was going to make it. It handled horrible in the stutters and 7-9" bumps. It was not smooth and you felt the bumps.

The skid is awesome in stock form, I was just trying to adjust it a little for certain situations where more rebound dampening would be a benefit.

Learn from my mistake.

Sorry to hear it didn't help you at all.
I'm glad you share this info and hopefully prevents others (including me) from makeing the same mistake.

Thank you for sharing, I'll keep mine as it is.

Springs are MUCH better! I am still trying to keep the ski's on the ground in the corners though. Unfortunately, even with the ZX2 my ATTAK is just not what I thought it would be. It is MUCH better, but I feel like Ski-Doo, Polaris and Arctic Cat are ahead in the ride and handling departments. i am not giving up hope just yet.

Back