• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Apex mtn mcx build.

Spring is here, so no more sledding this season. Trails are closed due to reindeer calving. But as there is plant shut down there is extra work to be done:
bmw1_zpsdd828086.jpg

Long time no see...
Planning on putting an attack 20 track on my 06 mountain. But only half of the holes are clipped (see photo). As I have no slip drivers, I guess I should have a fully clipped track. Any thoughts?

I also have a m1000 skid I will consider installing.

Attachments

• IMG_3538.JPG
    IMG_3538.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 278
I would recommend you to fully clip your track.
I have no experience with the M1000 skid.

Thanks.
Been working some on the sled lately. Removed the skid, chaincase, driveshaft and track (and seat..). Today I pressed on the new avid no slip drivers

IMG_3538_zpsy2z6nv9r.jpg

finished:
IMG_3539_zpssaeowpfq.jpg

Finished installing the driveshaft and gearbox yesterday. I´m pretty sure the bottom bearing was placed the wrong way (or the wrong dust cap was taken off..). It had the dust cap removed on the side facing towards the tunnel, and not towards the inside of the gearbox.
Picture of the back side of the gearbox, you can see the balls in the bearing:
IMG_3585_zpsqx98syk8.jpg

Another from the inside of the box:
IMG_3586_zpsyyjlpm4w.jpg

Changed both bearings, and put the new one the other way. After finishing that, I compared the apex skid with the M1000 skid. Wow what a difference in weight. The M skid I could lift with one arm. The apex skid I had to use both arms, damn that thing is heavy.
Some pics:
IMG_3587_zpsodi4ka7m.jpg

IMG_3588_zps4i8iyuts.jpg

Next up will be trying to fit the damn thing.

A quick search revealed this thread: http://www.ty4stroke.com/threads/rx1-turbo-smoking.88100/#post-772875
so next will be checking this, listed in the last post by TT:

"First make 100% sure that the vent line from crankcase isn't kinked since you had the engine rebuild.
If that isn't the problem here is a few ideas to check with the the MCX rearmount turbo kit:
"

It`s been a while since last time, two years in fact (since I last used the sled..).
It apears that the source for the smoking could indeed be a kink in the vent line. It was almost impossible to see, so I did not notice until I went in to move the oil tank away from the mcx oil return pump. So that is sorted now, and probably fixed (fingers crossed).
The m1000 skid projekt is also coming to an end. I have mounted reinforcements to the new front holes and moved the rear drop brackets to the new position. So it is ready to bolt the skid in. This season the sled won`t be used much, only some testing of the skid.
For next season I will mount stock width apex front suspension with ohlins ttx shocks.

Hi great to hear from you.
I have not been around here much lately.
I have finally been riding a bit on my 2007 Apex 144" With MCX315 turbo kit installed.
I got the sled from Dag Nicolaisen from Rypefjord, the Paint guy :)
My old RX-1 broke Down in 2014 so I have not ridden a turbo sled for years LOL
I have a few problems With the MCX ECU I believe.
I get odd Readings of boost Levels Beyond the capability of the turbo, as high as 28 lbs and even up to 35 lbs at one occation, strange.
It will fall on it's face as soon as I Reach 8 lbs where the water/meth system starts to spray.
At this moment the AFRs read 10.2-10.3 which is way fat, at the point of misfire, and With the added water/meth is just dies, still it reads crazy high boost levels.
Even though the MCX Display Unit records way high boost Levels, at the same time as the water/meth kicks in the voltage drops below 12V, sometimes as low as 10ish V.
This may be why the Electronics puts out faulty Readings.
Could it be my battery is weak and can't take the Power required by the water/meth pump????
I will Connect the MCX ECU and the MCX Display unit directly to the battery thru a fuse and relay to make sure it get all the Power it needs.
Have a great testing season.... that's what this season is for me as well, trying to get it running right.
I have a built motor With Carrillos and Wisecos running 10:1 compression, hope to get the boost, fuel, MCX ECU stuff figured, it should og..... fast
Take care :)

Thanks, nice to hear from you.
I hope you figure that sled out..
We had another child in late 2014, and with the skid swap being much delicate work (to get it fitted correctly) interest has been on the low. But things are feeling better, so I think it will be ready to test by easter. The new front end I had painted a year ago, with the ohlins laying on the shelf since. But there won`t be time to fit it this season, so hopefully I`ll get it done before 2018.

Last spring I got this beauty, so we have a few sleds to run around when at the cabin:
IMG_2414_zpsqbipr7yq.jpg

iThe skid is now officially in.
IMG_4742_zps1gxqxx7p.jpg

But as you can see in the picture it sags a bit when it stands on its own. I was thinking that the rear arm was going to stay close to the stops, to have full suspension travel. Maybe it´s supposed to be like this.
Does anyone know how much pressure the floats can handle? The pump meter only has a range to 10 barg (which is in now..).

Thanks Kinger, it sure took a long time to do..

Got about 200 km on her this past week. The skid seems to be working very well. The damping feels a lot better, so thumbs up so far.

The sled pulls really hard, but if I´m not really careful with the throttle it goes on the limiter. Is there any other ways to avoid this, than adding more weight? Is it possible to reduce the boost at the top of the rev range? or is it an option to raise the rev limiter? (I see they do that on turbo vipers)

Btw for future reference, I did not fully clip the track. It would be a pain in the @xx to do it, and there were nobody around close with the tools needed. The cat it came from has extrovert drivers from the factory, so it should be able to handle it...

Last edited:

Back