• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 rtx oil leak

r6chiro

Veteran
Hi,

just pulled sled out from storage to see oil on garage floor. lost a few oz over summer. I did change oil but not filter before storage. Look like leaking from under center of motor or slightly back right (throttle side) There is no leak from oil plug drain or resevoire drain. all washers and parts accounted for and in good shape? Is there a line that fails here or something I'm missing as im not super mechanically inclined. Thanks guys.

Hi , had the same problem and looked every where .
the leak semed to come from under the motor , i realy did not have a clue . then some one on ty told me it must be the oil tank . but i allready checked there it seemed fine , but only when i cleaned off whith breakcleaner i realised multiple hair line fractures where oil was comming out . you must look verry well .

So anyways patched up with jb weld and all is well.

hope this helps you

Bobby said:
Hi , had the same problem and looked every where .
the leak semed to come from under the motor , i realy did not have a clue . then some one on ty told me it must be the oil tank . but i allready checked there it seemed fine , but only when i cleaned off whith breakcleaner i realised multiple hair line fractures where oil was comming out . you must look verry well .

So anyways patched up with jb weld and all is well.

hope this helps you

X2

Take your hand or a white paper towel and squish down the foam insulation on the lower plastic body panel directly under the oil tank. If it is saturated with oil you know that your oil tank has a tiny crack somewhere.

Mine went at the end of last season. If yours is cracked, find a low miler take-off tank or one of the nice aftermarket CFM-Performance ones that are going on ebay.

Back