• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07' FX chain case leak????

I fixed mine on my 07 fx in the summer no leaks! and im running amsoil fully synthetic chaincase oil...my mechanic swears by that and amsoil fully snythetic oil in the 4 strokes!

So a quick question has anyone found the pin out of alignment? I am waiting on my parts to come in as I have an 07 MTX(not leaking) and an 07 venture lite(currently leaking) that I am going to fix

I dont think its an actual a pin....when i tore down my chaincase on the 07fx it was just that grommet with the oil pipe inside of it.....the origonal grommet and oil pipe are not long enough causing the leak.

So a quick question has anyone found the pin out of alignment? I am waiting on my parts to come in as I have an 07 MTX(not leaking) and an 07 venture lite(currently leaking) that I am going to fix

I'm assuming you mean pipe not pin.

I think some of the 07's had alignment problems from day one. Mine got out of alignment after I had the side panel, off for welding and didn't realize it was an issue until it was all together. If you look in the hole you can See if it lines up or not.

after purchasing and installing the updated parts no more leaking...It was strange to find that the original pipe and grommet I had pulled out looked almost melted..

I'm assuming you mean pipe not pin.

I think some of the 07's had alignment problems from day one. Mine got out of alignment after I had the side panel, off for welding and didn't realize it was an issue until it was all together. If you look in the hole you can See if it lines up or not.

Well I am thinking "roll pin" but yes

So now the real question is who has these in stock? I ordered them the 1/1/2015, just got an email that they are backordered a few weeks, already have one sled pretty much tore down.
Would like to know price and availability if possible.

Thanks!

Hi!

Same problem here.
I ordered new oilpipe + 2 different grommets (one with original part number and one for newer models)

Did you use that longer grommet?

Thanks! I ordered both trying to minimise the risk of wrong parts. Parts come from Netherlands to Finland

I did mine even though I didn't have any issues in over 10 000km. Just makes me feel better.

Sometimes yamaha won't update the part numbers...but the parts will be updated

Screenshot_20200502-122726.jpg Screenshot_20200502-122659.jpg After digging into my chain case leak i discovered the seal leak. Think i should go deeper and check the tube and o-ring at the reverse or settle for the seal or are there two seals?

Last edited:

Back