• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

'09 Vector brake light stuck on

Snowaddict

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX-LE
TWITTER
mstahl88
For some reason the brake light is stuck on. The brake lever is not stuck or engaged (at least not that I can see), though. Even when I push the lever forward it doesn't shut it off. I was hoping this was a common issue and could find step by step instructions on fixing this here, but a search came up empty. Anyone else have this problem or suggestions how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

I've seen that issue on a 05 Vector. I took the switch apart and moved the contact points until it worked properly again.

I've seen that issue on a 05 Vector. I took the switch apart and moved the contact points until it worked properly again.
That was a quick response. Thanks. Is that an easy task? What is entailed?

Switch is held in with one screw from the bottom. Watch for the sleeve and washer. Disconnect the wiring harness. Now you can sit down at your workbench with the switch.
The hot and cold side of the switch are adjustable once you remove the rubber cover. Just losen the screw and move them in and out of the switch. I had split the switch open on the 05 and adjust the timing copper rings.

Back