• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1,000ft

On that front, how's things looking?
What's the word on "Upstate Blake" ???
He’s been up and running and got a few new sleds. Has an zrt800 with hooper big bore on it, and they got his dads sidewinder back and basically built it into a lake sled, intake snorkel, big turbo sucked down the whole 9. All excited to get season started.

Lakes have finally glazed over. Blake actually posted there’s 3.5” on lake he lives (and crashed) on this morning 50’ off shore.

He’s been up and running and got a few new sleds. Has an zrt800 with hooper big bore on it, and they got his dads sidewinder back and basically built it into a lake sled, intake snorkel, big turbo sucked down the whole 9. All excited to get season started.

Lakes have finally glazed over. Blake actually posted there’s 3.5” on lake he lives (and crashed) on this morning 50’ off shore.
Well, sorry to hear about Blake! Good thing he has more sleds in the hopper. Lol.
Great to hear the ice starting to thicken up! We got a cold front coming in for next weekend. Should tighten things up quite nicely.

Yup approx 100miles from me....great part of the country.
I flew there in the mid to late 70s flying Beech 18s the fastest things on the water...a wonderful part of my career.:)

View attachment 174971

View attachment 174972

View attachment 174973

I still get there occasionally by sled and road trips for lunch in the summer.
Sad to see those great aircraft are parked for modern turbines.
Small world Bob…I’ve worked quite a few hrs on beech18’s….aircraft maintenance engineer at Rusty Myers flying service….nothing quite sounds like them
3EE3AEEE-205F-4259-B0E3-5A943E9D6C6D.jpeg

Great company to work for and nothing but fond memories for me. I think Rusty Myers Flying Service is the oldest original named Airline in existence is it not? Chalk Airlines used to be but they are gone now.
A different time and a different place obviously but I enjoyed flying the Beech at Myers at that time as much as I enjoyed the B777 when I retired.
From early in my career for me I knew...."Man was meant to fly off the water...wheels is work and floats is fun!"
Flying 12 hours over that big lake called the Pacific I always missed looking down and seeing an EDO float.

That’s similar to the speed we would run on radar with z1s back when used to do speed runs. 09-10
Hijacker and race gas. Lots of 128 to 130 mph range in 1000 ft
1 inch hacksaws back then

That’s similar to the speed we would run on radar with z1s back when used to do speed runs. 09-10
Hijacker and race gas. Lots of 128 to 130 mph range in 1000 ft
1 inch hacksaws back then
I haven't ran race gas or the race tunes yet. Once I figure I've got every bit out of the pump gas stuff I'll step up to the race tunes. It keeps it interesting for me that way.

Yup approx 100miles from me....great part of the country.
I flew there in the mid to late 70s flying Beech 18s the fastest things on the water...a wonderful part of my career.:)

View attachment 174971

View attachment 174972

View attachment 174973

I still get there occasionally by sled and road trips for lunch in the summer.
Sad to see those great aircraft are parked for modern turbines.
Nice numbers, and sled looks great! Are you willing to share which tune/tuner?
TD tunes

Back