• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1,000ft

I have noticed every time someone riding a Doo or Polaris comes up against a 998 they always claim the 998s are "Tuned" to save face. Now granted a lot of 998s are tuned but give the stock ones credit...a stock 998 would have no problem against the other manufacturers stock sleds all things being equal. I have said it before...I have never had a sled that so effortlessly exceeds 100mph on the GPS like my SW.

I'm trying to compare those speeds to my winder. I'm not sure if 109mph is 1/3 throttle or 1/4 throttle. Can someone help?? Lol
Someone was on here a few months ago arguing that a tuned Winder could achieve 100mph at 1/3 throttle.
I was thinking maybe someone with datalogging could do that sometime and post a screenshot here?

GPS run in the Video:
Speedo indicating a max of 202KPH or 125.5 mph
GPS Max 176.3 kph or 109.6 mph
Typical Ski Doo Speedo...over indicating by 15%
I guess the positive for the Ski Doo guys is they finally have an 850 that will break 100mph:confused:

Is that all these 850 turbo sleds will doo stock?

I've had my old 2014 N/A 1200 with a few slight mods on it hit 109 GPS speed on my road in a short pull. It was at 117 on the Dreameter. On a longer road in the UP I hit 124 with it on the Dreameter as an all time high. The new 900R's don't or barley run those kind of speeds I ran with my old 1200's. I could do 114 on the dreameter with it on any groomed snow trail with snow on it. I don't understand how a turbo 850 or the turbo 900's cant do this kind of speed. They have been lacking in this department since they have come out with the turbo. When I put a turbo on my old 1200's they responded way better than these newer Doo's can. A stage one 1200 turbo will lay waste to the 850 to 900 turbos of the same power level and I just dont understand that for the power they supposedly have.

I personally think the r-motion X robs these sleds of speeds. That skid is a piss poor design for acceleration and speed.

My wife rides a 2019 900T adrenaline with the original R motion skid. Granted, she is 130lbs with gear on, but she has clocked 113 on her GPS on groomed trail with her stock 900.

My 2024 900r Lynx will only pull 100gps, but it is geared low and it has a 1.6” track. I was not expecting it to be fast.

I also was not expecting to miss my Sidewinder as much as I do. Sometimes you don’t know what you have until it is gone.

My 2011 nytro xtx with a 1.75 backcountry and hindle exhaust will do 91mph in 660ft on draggy and 106 on a snow-covered trail all with 14,000 miles lol

I'm no expert but I have a 2024 xrs 900 turbo with smart shox that ran 129 on the speedo pretty consistently last time out, and saw 132 once on a groomed/icy trail. 129 was 118 on my buddies gps. With that being said, it's still not even close to running with my Thundercat.

I'm no expert but I have a 2024 xrs 900 turbo with smart shox that ran 129 on the speedo pretty consistently last time out, and saw 132 once on a groomed/icy trail. 129 was 118 on my buddies gps. With that being said, it's still not even close to running with my Thundercat.
How does your XRS handle compared to your Thundercat? What year Thundercat? Tune?

How does your XRS handle compared to your Thundercat? What year Thundercat? Tune?
The XRS has smart shox which seem to ride quite well... we just haven't had enough snow to make the trails real rough, either. It corners well and flat with 2 runners under each ski. I did put an MCXpress 210 piggyback kit on it. My Thundercat is a 21 with QS3 shocks, TD header tunes up to 315hp. I find the front suspension to be a little better on the cat, but the rear suspension not nearly as good as the Doo. It also feels much heavier to ride than the Doo.

Nice to hear honest assessment of both from someone that has no reason to favor either one.. I find snowmobilers usually have a favorite for one reason or another.. I found that shock/spring settings make a big difference on handling and feel of sidewinders.. its got to do with the balance of the transfer and the movement of weight from rear to front and back to rear …

Good news, bad news....
Good news: there's 4 to 5" 's of snow in Illinois, right now. Can get in a day of testing @ 1,000ft.
Bad news: I'm 1300miles away (Florida) flight leaves tomorrow at 7am back to Illinois.
Sleds semi apart. Have to somehow make it happen.
This will be epic...haha.

Back