• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1 1/4 track with 1.575 stud. How much penetration??

sabrecat

Vendor
Cant find a chart to check out stud length over top of lug? I am thinking around 7/16th or .437 ? please no guessing replies. I can do that all by myself.

Thx
Guys!

Last edited:

heres stud boy chart

http://www.studboytraction.com/studpatterns/lugheight_studheightchart.pdf

and woody's which I assume you are running...fyi with that size stay out of the center 3.5" unless you add additional aftermarket tunnel protection!

woody-s-stud-application-guide.jpg

I'm with you, and the ones I find, the part numbers are different from actual length or penetration. Doesnt make much sense to me. I installed the woodys GDP6-1325. I can confirm that they are 1.74 overall length with 1.58 installed height, giving .33 over the lug height. And 1.325 corresponds to nothing about the stud.

1 1/4 track is almost 1 1/2 total . A 1.575 stud which is 1.980 will give you close to 1/2 in.

A 1.325 stud in my mind is not long enough.

1.375" on my 1.25 = .313, just measured.

So, 1.575 should be .513

fyi each stud maker nets you different amounts because their shoulder height is different...first you need to decide which stud maker you want....anything over 1.50 into the middle 3.5" without tunnel protector add ons is trouble potentially...here again is my 1.630s staying out of that area...
20161127_105102_resized.jpg

fyi each stud maker nets you different amounts because their shoulder height is different...first you need to decide which stud maker you want....anything over 1.50 into the middle 3.5" without tunnel protector add ons is trouble potentially...here again is my 1.630s staying out of that area...View attachment 133302

"Anything over 1.50" what? OAL? Length from track to tip of Stud? Part number? 1.630 what?

I ran 2 in OAL studs last year with no issues. Need to keep your track snug as they balloon quite a bit.

Thundercat with factory tunnel protectors. May go to STM protectors if i can fget the factory ones off.

1.575 megabytes are just over .5 inch of penetration. Work great on a 1.25 track. The overall length of the stud is 1.98 I believe. This is on a regular ripsaw, I assume all 2 ply tracks are pretty much the same thickness.

Im running extreme max 1.62 on my sidewinder this year, they are 1.92 overall length

It would be nice if these stud manufactures used some sort of standard measurement.

That' why I only look at the OAL of the stud anymore, measure the track height including belt thickness and you have how much penetration your going to have give or take a 1/16 of an inch.

Back