• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1 1/4 track with 1.575 stud. How much penetration??

It's amazing to me that when someone says they're using a 1.575, that that number has nothing to do with the studs length! And it gets even more complicated if they don't tell you which brand of stud the 1.575 is. I see now that I could've/should've gone with the next size longer stud.

It's amazing to me that when someone says they're using a 1.575, that that number has nothing to do with the studs length! And it gets even more complicated if they don't tell you which brand of stud the 1.575 is. I see now that I could've/should've gone with the next size longer stud.

Yeah it gets a little confusing. Hence why stud OAL and total track height and choose your desired amount of penetration.

Good replies guys!

I have STM's 1.5 tunnel protectors. So running 1.575's I am able to get closer to the middle with no problems for sure?

Last edited:

Back