• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

130hp phazer for 08

Its the factory built race sled that Fredrik Granberg was racing in sweden last year. No stock parts on the sled, Totally hand built. Everything is special, carbonfiber hood
and belly pan. I think they will race that sled in us this year.

All the Yamaha 4-st sno-x race sleds used in the US, Europe & Japan were 3 cylinder engines - and I read somewhere that the ISR race rules are written to allow 3 cyl 4-strokes. That tells me Yamaha is testing for the future with a 3 cylinder.

For what it's worth, I don't think Yamaha will build a twin 900cc 4-stroke - all 900cc 2-st twins vibrate too much & the extra weight for the larger balancer shaft needed on a twin will put the twin 900cc too close to the 3 cyl weight - without the power needed to compete in sno-x.

I agree Voyagers just look at the new Arctic Cat Jag it has a twin and it is 30lbs heavier than a Vector a big twin 4-stroke needs such a heavy crack, cases and balancer shaft plus the vibration requires a heavier chasis. If you look at Superbikes the Honda RC51, Suzuki TL, and Ducati V twins are all much heavier than the 4 Cyclinder R1 and GSXRs. I don't see much future for a big 4-stroke twin.

I too do not see a future Yamaha using a big, 900cc twin. There is nothing wrong with the 120 motor, plus it doesn;t use gear reduction which makes it legal for ISR snocross rules.

:( Go ahead and twist that knife....... :)

Grimm said:
xcsp said:
I'd go with a efi-twin, to keep the weight down, and to fit it in the Ohazer-style chassis. Could this be the new "Exciter"?

I hope they don't call it that. I don't like that name. I'd much prefer Venom or Viper.

Oh yea those names spell Light weight.......Pffttttt...... :)

Attachments

• Picture 100.jpg
    Picture 100.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Picture 089.jpg
    Picture 089.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 78
Hee hee, some of those sleds are as old as the younger TY members around here...Oops, showed my age...LOL...I still miss my old GT when it gets to -45...RX-E

There will be a 100hp Phaser based sled .

The Vector will get tweeks and F.I. and will be approx 130H.P.

look for something with a Phaser Chassis but less radical body work for those over 18 who don't want to freeze and hate the phaser looks but like it's technology. Smething along the lines of a 100H.P mini Vector. Remember the first Venture that was based upon the Phaser 2 in the early 90s?? something like that.

Ok, heres my guess. Phazer based chasis, phazer based engine only a 750 cc triple. If you look at some of the exploded view pic's of the Phazer, it looks like there is some "extra" room on the mag side for a small triple.
Yamaha has shown time and time again that they perfer engines with more cylinders. Due to less vibration, and smoother operation.

I have my new phazer apart in the shop , no room for more cyl's ! no room for anything !

Why would they run a 100hp triple, I bet with just basic modifications(intake exhaust) the engine now can easily hit 90hp
then hit the internal mods, you can hit 100hp,
I bet yammi could do it without a problem.

I thought my Exciter 570 was garbage. Then I piped and clutched it and loved it. I rode that sled longer than any other.... wore it out. It was a great ride in its day. I don't think my back could take it now... I'd love to put a new skid under one and soup up the pogos. Fun project if I had the time.

gsxr said:
I have my new phazer apart in the shop , no room for more cyl's ! no room for anything !

That matches what my dealer said. I wonder if the Canadian Phazer work sled with the 16" wide track has more room in the bulkhead?

Back