• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1st 2010 TY NY FINAL PLANS ARE HERE.

I'm definitely going to be riding Saturday. I will post here on Friday on my plans, whether it is to meet Steve, Gordon etc or whether I stay local and not have to trailer somewhere. Although riding with my TY brethren is always more fun. :jump:

NY AttakGT said:
2008FxNytro said:
We got some good snow yesterday!! and the weather is staying very cold which is a plus!! Ill be out riding this weekend for sure. Let me know where you guys will be. ill be leave from remsen around with a crew probably.

Depending if there is sufficient snow, I am going to try leaving from the bowling alley (Adirondack Lanes on Rt 12) Saturday morning, probably 9am'ish. Probably heading up towards Westernville to meet with BBW, then up through Lee Center, Ava, and into West Leyden. If snow is good south of the Hill, might just stay south (TC Riders, Trailbusters (Lee Ctr), and Penn Mtn trails).

If snow is not sufficient from the bowling alley, I will drop from somewhere else...maybe Nice N Easy in C-Ville or parking area on Smith Road

--Steve (O.C.)

Ok keep me posted. im sure ill be out somewhere. should be enouigh snow to leave from home i would think. my aunt and a ground i usually ride with are going tomorrow morning so i will let you guys know how trails are!

Looks to be a sizable turnout for this coming Saturday. I dare say more riders than some of the TY Rides we've had in the past. Maybe this should be the first "Unofficial" TY Ride for 2010?.....LOL! If I counted right it appears there will be a minimum of 8 riders......a decent showing for Team Yamaha.

If Steve is riding for "Team Balloon" is this part of the "boy in the balloon" publicity stunt we all saw on CNN news just recently? Is there a new reality show I've not yet heard about? You know how those Orange County guys can be.......lol.

If Phase5 shows I'll have to teach him how to work the throttle on that Phazer of his! :-o

Looking forward to seeing and riding w/ all you gents!

:yam:

I WILL be coming on Saturday so what is the plan on where we want to meet?

Do we want to try and all leave from the same location or if people are dropping at different places do we want to have a rendevous location?

Southern tier guys, where are you dropping / time?

Dale, not sure where we are dropping yet. I'm waiting to hear from Kevin Kuc(rx1wizard) who we met up with last year at 46 corners. He has the '04 warrior. If he will be riding I thought we'd unload in Camden and then ride to a meeting point with Gordon, Steve, etc. Just easier for us southern tier boys to unload someplace on the west or south side of the hill, that way we get more seat time on the trail. Once I speak with him I'll post what our drop plans are.

OK - That works better for me too, than driving another hour to Rome and north.

Let me know place and time and I'll meet you guys there.

ill be leaving from my house in hinkley sometime sat morning. Meeting up with a bunch of guys...(doo guys though lol). Let me know where you guys are meeting up and or stopping. Would like to meet some people from here so i know a few for the OFFICIAL ride lol.

Youse guys better stop makin fun of me or else I am taking my balloons and goin home!!! Us Orange County guys? What is that supposed to mean?!?!?!?! Oh wait, you're right! Nevermind.

I will be droppin as far south as I can on Saturday...just waiting to hear word back. Maybe if you guys are coming in from Camden, we can just meet at the large intersection in 46 Corners again on the TC Rider trails?

Everybody make sure to bring your idiot alarms and full body armour as I am sure the Hill will be packed this weekend.

--Steve (O.C.)

PS..Hey, take a look at the new ride.! I was out for a spin in the summer on it and the paprazzi caught me riding by.

Attachments

• bike-balloon.jpg
    bike-balloon.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 107
Would it be too late for everyone if we met at 46 corners at 11 AM? I can't start riding until 10:15, because I work from 11:30 PM till 9:30 AM. As it is I will be riding with no sleep. If you guys want to get going earlier than that, I can meet you some place later on. If 11 AM is OK, I will meet up with steve by my house a little after 10 AM, and we will be at 46 corners at 11 AM. Let me know what you guys think? BBW

I have no problem starting from 46 corners at 11. I'll just unload in Parish and have a longer ride to the meeting point ;)!

Parish and 11:00 at 46 corners works for me. A lot closer to trailer to and still get the miles in.

Dave, What time you want to depart from Parish? Park at the gas station/restaurant?

I'm thinking if we are fueled, unloaded, dressed and ready to ride out of the Grist Mill parking lot at 9 am we should be able to get to 46 corners by 11. That's as long as we don't have to keep stopping and getting Viperman and Airmech out of the ditches because of ski tip to snow flap riding :hide:

Attachments

• timing sm.JPG
    timing sm.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 77
  • timing box install sm.JPG
    timing box install sm.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 84
Dave, I hope you guys are good at water skipping those heavy Yamaha's if you leaving from the West side of the Hill. Lot of water holes over that way usually this early in the season.

Wouldn't be the first time. One of the benefits of being the leader is you get less water at those holes! Square Valley reports trails north of rte. 69 have good snow. Can get around any water holes they say. Won't know for sure til we get there but better than sitting in the house.

I rode Tug hill both wed. and Thurs. A lot of sleds up there. Trails are starting to get more beat up. Probably be in ruff shape by saturday afternoon. I have about 600 miles on for the season. I usually average about 800 miles by the first of the year, so it has been a slow start so far. Think I'll do a little cross country skiing today with the wife. . Got to throw the wife a bone every once in awile to keep her happy. See you guys tomorrow.

Back