• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1st 2010 TY NY FINAL PLANS ARE HERE.

Hi Guys (and Gals)......I plan to ride Sunday also. I'm really looking forward to the first ride of this year, and possibly my first ride of the 2010 season. Have met a great bunch of people over the years on these TY rides and made several long term friends along the way. Sure is fun to be a part of it. The camaraderie sure makes it pretty cool too! See you all soon!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

:yam:
- Dave

phaze5 said:
i'm still on the fence lol but if i do come it sounds like i will have another small slow sled in the group .

Naaaa. Viperman is sporting the ol' Phazer again this year,. I think. Not that he is by any means slow. Always duking it out at the front of the pack. Rumor has it that he may have a supercharger, NOS, or a Pratt & Whitney jet engine strapped to it this year though.

--Steve (O.C.)

Hello fellow TY Junkies
I plan to attend for the 1st 3 days of the trip. Hope the weather will change soon 44 here today. Hope to see some new faces this yr. See you all soon
Tim

Since Steve never got any money for sponsoring Monster on his sled it appears he has gone with a balloon company this season :tg:

Oh ya, riding was great in Marathon today. Was out with a 4wheeler marking trails as the snow we did have melted :o| :o| :o| :o| :o| :o| :o|

Trails opened on 23rd and we then found out a section of land on corridor 5A between Virgil and Cortland is now closed due to a new hunting group leasing the land and absolutely refusing to allow sleds to go through. A new route has been found but one landowner wants to have an additional 5 MILLION dollar rider put on to our club policy for his land. We will find out Monday how much this will cost the club. If too much then trail will be closed #$%&* #$%&* #$%&*

Boomer said:
Steve - What's with the Avatar? Gonna surprise us with the new graphics this year now that you are Monster no more?

Boom, lookin good on the new iron (in your avatar)!. Yea, Monster Energy no more. I am now riding for Team Slimfast!! haha

RX-1MAN said:
Since Steve never got any money for sponsoring Monster on his sled it appears he has gone with a balloon company this season :tg:

No $$ for sponsorship..but the Monster Energy eyesore will live in infamy on the Yamaha Demo ride video from Old Forge 2008. See 00:19-00:21.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNvGnpjiJy4

The new avatar is the official logo of the Freeman Hotel, my new sponsor, didnt ya know Dave!! Just kdding, no pics of my B.N.G. sled yet.

Viperman and Airmech, glad to have ya back with us! Now you two play nice in the pack!!

Lookin forward to ridin.

Good news! Corridor 5A will be open and it is snowing ;)! Maybe we will actually be able to hold this TY ride in the southern tier after all.

Dave, How much snow did you get yesterday and today? I got about 8". Gives me just 1 foot on the ground. Most of Tug hill picked up a good foot of snow yesterday. Steve and I will be riding on Saturday. Not sure where we are leaving from, but if anyone wants to join us, let me know, or send me a PM. Boomer, are you in for another ride this saturday?

RX-1MAN said:
Good news! Corridor 5A will be open and it is snowing ;)! Maybe we will actually be able to hold this TY ride in the southern tier after all.

So, looking good for the Southern Tier ride then. This is a GREAT alternative to Tug Hill and nowhere near the amount of traffic or bone-heads out on the trails. And besides, if snow coverage is sufficient, we can make the treck up towards Tug Hill one of the ride days

Keep that in mind, those that plan on attending. This ride might be switched to the Southern tier (Cortland Cty area) if conditions pan out down there between now and the next 2 two weeks..

By the looks of it now, and the forecasted snow. 8 days straight snow predicted between Dec 31-Jan 7 on weather.com. I know BBW might have different predictions, as I am just a laymen who knows nothing about weather, other than sticking my head out the window to see what it is doing! it IS looking good to switch this ride to the southern tier basing ourselves out of the 3 Bear Inn in Marathon, NY. Our agreed cut-off date for the switch is January 9th, staying in line with the 48 hour cancellation policy at The Edge Hotel, for those of us that booked rooms.

So keep an eye on this post if you plan on attending the ride.

--Steve (O.C.)

PS. Got word back from Honk (Mark) that he will not be attending the ride. He had a room booked at the Edge but cancelled due to some personal stuff going on. We're gonna miss ya on the ride Honk! maybe you'll still be able to make it a day or two.

i spent the day out in fabius saturday looking for my outlaws house, the old lady did'nt understand why i wasn't getting mad, not finding it rightaway,

it was only a 1/2 tank of gas i wasted, we haven'tbeen therein years and i went down 20 but turnedaround amile before his road then basically did circles, looking at the trail system

we were only 2 hours late but it was a win win becausewe had to get my daughter to work in time,

the lord works in mysterious ways lmao

when i was a kid we always rode our quads in morgan hill, so as long asthere is snow that couldbe a fun ride imo, as long as you are on a 1000 and not a 500 .

Gordon, as hard as the wind is blowing I can't honestly tell you how much snow we got. Guessing 3-4" but up in state land must be about 5". I know the northern part of the county got more as they are riding sleds there. The forecast I saw says more general snow this week and maybe a coastal storm?? The last coastal just missed my area, maybe this will be the one! I'm up for a ride Saturday as I haven't been out yet this season.

We got some good snow yesterday!! and the weather is staying very cold which is a plus!! Ill be out riding this weekend for sure. Let me know where you guys will be. ill be leave from remsen around with a crew probably.

2008FxNytro said:
We got some good snow yesterday!! and the weather is staying very cold which is a plus!! Ill be out riding this weekend for sure. Let me know where you guys will be. ill be leave from remsen around with a crew probably.

Depending if there is sufficient snow, I am going to try leaving from the bowling alley (Adirondack Lanes on Rt 12) Saturday morning, probably 9am'ish. Probably heading up towards Westernville to meet with BBW, then up through Lee Center, Ava, and into West Leyden. If snow is good south of the Hill, might just stay south (TC Riders, Trailbusters (Lee Ctr), and Penn Mtn trails).

If snow is not sufficient from the bowling alley, I will drop from somewhere else...maybe Nice N Easy in C-Ville or parking area on Smith Road

--Steve (O.C.)

Back