• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1st 2010 TY NY FINAL PLANS ARE HERE.

Regarding Grist Mill..

Dave, regarding dropping at Grist Mill. Saw this on another board. Not sure if that changes your plans for dropping there. Otherwise, see ya'all tomorrow.

parish grist mills trail update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well we unloaded at grist mills in parish today at around 10am. the parking lot had about 12 vehicles in the lot when we got there. trails out of grist mills were thin and the corners were muddy. happy valley was great but leaving the valley heading towards redfield the trails got a bumpy but still enough snow at least. around noon traffic was picking up and we headed back because one of my buddies had to be home by 2. we rode about 50 miles round trip. i usually dont ride on the weekends but it wasn't too bad. by the time we got back to the parking lot it was just about full .

I've decided to stay local and ride out of my house tomorrow. I would rather save my back and the new sled for what will probably be some pretty rough conditions.

I'll see you guys at the TY ride in 2 weeks.

i don't have a problem holding the throttle down when its in quiet mode, which it is has been ever since that loud #*$&@ ride thru the hill last year haha,

BUT , the exhaust is coming apart again so i have to look at that once again, let me know how the ride went boys and becareful,

Trails from Grist Mill through 46 corners were pretty darn nice, better than a lot of the others. We found out that it is best to avoid the Osceola area as apparently no grooming is taking place this season. Rode 188 miles, got back to truck just before 7pm(due a LONG lunch at Sportsman). Not bad for my first ride of season. More snow today in Marathon and trails are being ridden. If we stay cold and it continues to snow on and off like they predict this week I think we will be able to get the first TY ride completed around here. Will no more for sure by Saturday cancel deadline at the Edge. Need to see what next weeks forecast will be.

Weather report for our TY ride. Tug hill has not gotten much snow in the last week. Just an inch or two here and there.
Most of the heavier lake snows have been out near the Syracuse area. That being said, there is plenty of snow on the hill for our ride, assuming it is not moved to the Marathon area. The weather looks great for our ride. day time highs in the mid 20's with night time lows around 10. Partly cloudy most of the time. I don't see much snow for the hill until Saturday night (Jan. 16th)of our 5 day ride. The Marathon area seems to be getting some lake effect snow today, so there is still a chance the ride might be switched down there. Be sure to check back on this site this weekend to see if we cahnge our plans. :yam: :yam: BBW

the map i have shows c5a to the east of 81 near virgil and c5 to the west thru freetown corners.

the question i have is if this event takes place out of marathon will these too trails meet up in marathon near the bears den?

will the ride on wednesday head north from there toward preble?

been wanting to catch one of these tyrides for a couple of years and seems like the lack of snow messed everything up...need time to prepare

and if you could post the clubs web address of the area the ride will take place in, this is my clubs http://www.southshoretrailblazers.com/ .....thanks CP

Was good riding with ya's on Sat 1/2. ENded up with about 150 miles (some good, some not so. But ridin is ridin') when I got back to the truck in Barneveld.

RX-1Man, partly correct about Osceola area grooming. Club Cedar Pines is no longer grooming this season and the trail/s that they did groom will not be taken over by another club until NEXT season.. They did not do much though, only C4A ("Camp 4" trail) up to the C4A/C4F{or C4D} split (go left, go up to Sportsman, go right, go down towards the Freeman in Swancott Mills. Southern Tug takes over from that split (I believe) going north towards the Sportsman and Barrows Performance and down Camp 2 to the Freeman. The rest of Osceola trails ARE still being groomed by Osceola Snowmo Club, but found out both their groomers were down this weekend, hence, the rough riding through most of Osceola. But DO avoid C4A that runs down from Michigan Mills Rd (By the Sportsman) down to C4A/C4F split. I'd take the left at the split, C4F{or C4D} ("Camp 2" trail) down into Swancott Mills, past the Freeman.

BBW, I am sure you will correct me if I am wrong..haha

This will be a real nail-biter as to where we will be riding. But rest-assured, we WILL BE riding. I got the time off, so really doesnt matter where we go but would love to see Cortland and Marathon (and points north to Skaneateles and south to Whitney Point) get a good dumping between now and then! Plus it is about an hour and a half less driving (each way) for me!

--Steve (O.C.)

Def will be checking in. IDK the marathon area very well but i may be getting convinced to take couple days off and come ride with you guys! Maybe come for like thursday friday and the weekend? Lemme know if anyone else is heading out thursday.

Just to clarify C5A is WEST of I-81 and C5 is EAST. Yes, they come together at Marathon and Three Bear Inn is on the secondary trail S51 in center of town connecting the two corridors. People are out riding and trails are okay. Definitely run into more snow as you start north from Marathon but we have several more days to get more. I have a snowdusters meeting here in town tonight and can find out more. Web site is http://www.snowdusters.com/. Cortland club 15 miles north of me(to which I also belong) has a meeting Thursday that I plan on riding to. Their web site is http://www.svsginc.com/. I will give a trail update Thursday night and we can make the decision. Lots of trails north of here to ride for sure so stay tuned!

Dave, just checked Snowdusters website. Somebody posted on 1/5/10..minimal snow and no grooming? That don't sound good...especially if no grooming has not happened yet. Does not make for good trails for our ride, which is less than 1 week away.

I'll be interested to hear your report after riding today. I know you guys have got and are getting snow...but if it is at all questionable, I'd rather keep the ride on Tug Hill, where we know there will be good snow.

Keep us posted.

--Steve (O.C.)

Just got back from a 150 mile ride on Tug Hill. Trails were Mint, Mint, mint. Only trails that were a little off were of course down by the Edge Hotel, that figures. The southern tier should pick up about 3" of snow late tonight and early tomorrow morning, but I am not sure that will be enough to get the.groomers out. Final call on location should be by Saturday evening.

Rode to Virgil to meet my dad, then to meeting and back. Marathon has groomed corridor 5A north from where they keep one groomer to junction with SVSG trail. SVSG has groomed 5A the entire length and secondary S53 to Gatherings. Corn fields need more snow but they are passable if you take your time. Woods are good with some usual wet spots. Seasonal roads are WFO! I'm riding tomorrow, local forecast is calling for 3-5". Will check out some of the other trails and report back but to me it is looking good for the ride to be held out of Marathon.

Rode last night. From barneveld to westernville then out to rome and back. Did not hit one bad trail. All were groomed and fast. Few spots in rome were a little low on snow but groomers were out and trails were smooth. Snowing as we speak and supposed to continue all day. If conditions are this good i vote for keeping the ride in this area!

Rode 75 miles with my dad just to check things out. All Marathon trails west of I-81 have been groomed. Here are some pictures, you guys be the judge!!

Attachments

• corridor C5.JPG
    corridor C5.JPG
    500.7 KB · Views: 116
  • junction C5A and C5B.JPG
    junction C5A and C5B.JPG
    523.2 KB · Views: 118
  • secondary S22.JPG
    secondary S22.JPG
    524.6 KB · Views: 111
  • secondary S55.JPG
    secondary S55.JPG