• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1st 2010 TY NY FINAL PLANS ARE HERE.

FYI the Three Bear has full availability for 13th/14th. Some rooms already booked starting 15th.

From the looks of the people posting..dont look like we are gonna need too many rooms anyhow. Looks like the usual suspects. Are Tim and Dave R going to be staying at 3 Bear? Or driving in every day?

So..do you think trails out of Marathon will be sufficient to keep us riding on some different trails every day? Just dont want to change it from the Hill where we will have good snow/trails every day and can ride in many different directions and be guaranteed 100+ miles day on different trails. Think it is sufficiect to make it up to TUlly (Song Mtn) area?

You make the call Dave-O..you been doing this long enough and I trust your decision. Marathon or the Hill? Let's make the call by tomorrow night.

Some TY'ers on the 2 stroke side might also show up if the ride is in Marathon.

--Steve (O.C.)

More snow the further north you go so making trips north won't be a problem. I plan on making two trips north to at least route 5 and 20. Another trip will definitely be south to Owego area if snow continues. Next weeks forecast is calling for warmer weather and I heard talk of possible rain showers Friday(some meteorologist I know). Of course last week's forecast said today was going to be in the 30's and it was only in the 20's and snowing on and off most of the day so who the hell knows. I've ridden the hill before on trails a lot worse than around here now or when it was 45 degrees and raining so it ain't always perfect up there either. On a scale of 1-10 I'd say 7.5 around here and I don't think you will ever see 10 trails all day every day anyplace.

As far as Dave and Tim, they will keep their sleds at my house and be commuting home if ride occurs down here. If we do it up north they are only riding Wed.-Fri. so I may come home as don't want to pay $100 a night for myself to stay up there.

My vote still goes for Marathon this ride. We have been talking about doing another ride out of there for years and the weather/trails never cooperate. Sounds like we have adequate snow this time and the chance to ride new trails appeals to me. It will also save everyone a little change as the rooms are alot cheaper, and we'll have more money to spend the rest of the year.

I know if we do as Dave says and ride up towards 5 and 20 we will be fine. I live 100 yards off route 5 and there is tons of snow here. I also think we will likely see a lot less sleds especially as we head into the weekend. I'm heading out today and will see what the trails look like around Skaneateles if we are heading that direction if we go.

Just my 2c.

I also will be starting on Thursday instead of Wednesday as I said earlier. Decided To get the long weekend instead of going back into work on Friday like I originally planned, since I can only take 2 days off this time.

Sounds good to me Dale. Riding is ridin.....and if it aint good, we can all blame RX1-Man....hahaha. Just kidding, I am sure the riding will be great. If not, we can go hit the new indoor waterpark at Greek Peak!! BBW gets to go down the waterslide first.

RX1-Man./Boomer, keep us posted on what you find out on the trails today and we will make the final decision this evening.

But it is looking to be Marathon.

--Steve (O.C.)

PS. BostonRX1 (Dana) will not be attending. Has to travel next week due to business. He hopes to make it out to NY sometime in Feb.

PSS. RX1-Man, Tell those cheapskates Airmech and Viperman the rooms at 3 Bear are only $46/night fer cryin out loud!! Part of the group ride is the comrodary afterward.

I'm interested in meeting up and making some new riding friends, and I would like to consider this TY event. I'm not sure if I can absolutely make this trip, but could someone please clarify where everyone will be meeting and/or leaving from on a day to day basis. Also, please clarify for me the number to three bear. I've ridden Tug Hill only once. Thanks.

Nor'easter. If the ride goes as planned out of Marathon, we will be leaving from the 3 Bear Inn. http://www.threebearinn.com/ each morning at 9:00AM prompt except Wednesday. That day I believe the guys are planning on leaving at either 9:30 or 10:00AM. It is very easy to find. There is a Marathon exit off of Interstate 81 about 20 minutes north of Binghamton NY. At the end of the exit ramp turn left and then pass under the interstate and take a left at the light. The 3 Bear Inn is on your left as soon as you turn at the light. Hope to have you join us! Not sure where you are coming from but I used to live in Chester County PA (Downingtown) and I could make the trip to Marathon in 3:15.

I put on a very easy 80 miles today all myself. I put on half the miles north of the thruway and half south down to almost Skaneateles. Trails were much better south and and looked to be getting better the farther south I got away from the towns along rtes 5&20. I was acturally sorry I headed north cause I hit a ton of water holes, actually had to turn around once cause of a huge one in the woods that was totally impassable. Pissed me off I had to go the car wash after riding to clean the mud off the shiny new iron.

So as long as Dave gives a good report, I hope we can nail our plans down and make reservations.

Noreaster, As Boomer said we will leave each morning from the hotel, at 9 AM except Wed. we will leave at 10 AM. A little later on Wed. because alot of us will be driving to marathon that morning. We will be riding Wed- Sat. Some may even ride some on Sun. Since you live in PA, it will be a shorter trip for you to Marathon then going all the way to Tug hill. Check back on this forum tonight as we will have a final decission, as to where we will be ridind out of. I think Marathon is about 25 miles North of Binghamton, just off Rt 81. The # for The Three Bear in is: 1-800-943-3131.

Came back from out of town today and sorry to say but the trails around town anyways appear to have taken a beating and it is only Saturday. I'm sure just as many sleds will be out tomorrow so they will really be done for. Did see the Marathon groomer coming towards town though. If forecast for upcoming week was calling for temps to stay cold and some good snow to fall I would be the first one to say have ride here. My opinion is we need to keep this first ride north at the Edge Hotel. There is a lot more base and what may be rain down here later next week would more than likely be freezing rain, sleet or snow up there.

The freezing rain or rain I thuoght might come in on Friday, now looks like it will be a weak system, and will probably come in Thurday evening, and be over with by Friday morning. A larger storm might be coming in Sunday or Sunday night, so where ever we havethe ride the weather should be OK.

I just got off the phone with Dave. He said it looks like the trails are taking a beating down by Marathon, and with NO snow in the near future and the temps warming up a little bit next week, we have decided to keep the ride on Tug Hill with the Edge Hotel being the starting point each morning. 10 AM on Wed. 9 AM the rest of the days. I'll see everyone on Wed. morning, or later on if you are not going to ride Wed., but will be up later in the week. Looks like Buaffalo Head for dinner on Friday. They have a great Fish Fry there. BBW

TUG HILL IT IS! Sorry we couldn't get the ride down by Marathon again. We will have to save it for another weekend or the next NY ride in the end of Feb, beginning of March. I'd rather go with the "sure thing" considering we are gonna be there (wherever it is), for 4 days.

So, decision is made, we are keeping the original plan with staying at The Edge Hotel in Lyons Falls..correct?

--Steve (O.C.)

PS. Good win for the Jets tonight, BBW. J-E-T-S..Jets Jets Jets! Bring on the Colts or Chargers.

A friend I rode with this past Thursdayhad a new pair of Curve skis. He said they were a nice improvment over his Cat skis(2008 F8). Seemed to carve pretty nice. He told me Curve industries(They are from central NY, Waterville area) had a demo pair they let people try out. So I call sean about it, and he told me to call Nick, and that he might even come up and possibly go for a ride with us this week. I call up Nick, got his voice mail, and left a message. I have yet to hear back from him. Would be nice to get a set of those curve skis on one of our sleds for the ride, and then everyone would get a chance to drive the sled and try those Curve skis out. Hopefully he will get back to me. BBW

Back