• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 Jan New York TY Ride

HEY DANA! This is your fricking deal don't get me involved. You pmed me and asked for an opinion and I gave it . Your real big on this is your idea thing well take some responsibility, don't want to step on your toes or anything as you been saying. You wanted the job on getting this started asked for my thoughts gave them and when something goes wrong you try to blame the other guy. i CAN GET MORE INTO THIS but will not. What are you running for office next year? I hope honk does show up and everyone else. Now thats entertainment!!!!!!!!!!! GET IT?

HRD, I hope this is all in fun. I think we all really need to get some riding in. Just for the record, actually I did not ask you your opinion on our ride. This is what you PM'ed me and I made the suggestion to everyone else.

horny red devil said:
Dana, What's up with the no snow stuff? I think we are going to cancel for the first ride we have together. I was wondering if rx-1man would like us to go to his place. The reason why I ask is because he has less traffic down there with as much snow as tug hill. I heard tug is terrible there and even if they get snow there are going to be alot of traffic which would make a poor ride for all of us. I appreciate the offer for oldforge but will have topass this time around. Get back to me about the jan. 26 th ride. seeya! DEVIL

I feel bad about Honk but as of 4:00 AM this morning, he still hasn't veiwed his PM. We have done everything we could have. I just hope we can hook up with him and ride as one big TY family.

Your right Dana! I have no need to look at pm's you explained it perfectly on Monday mornin, 8am. exactly 21 hours before I am to leave. That time is right now! I am going to the Mont! Have a nice ride, I;m outta Dodge. Honk

Guys, I'm going to try and join you on Friday, if you don't mind. Friday looks like the only day I'll have to ride. I live in Endicott, NY and it is only about a 20 mile drive. I do have a couple questions.

1. Is there a place for me to park the trailer? I don't think there will be much room left in the Three Bear parking lot, it doesn't look that big from the highway.

2. What time do you think you will get started riding on Friday??

I AM THE VOICE OF REASON...WTF happened here?

See, I turn my back for a second and all goes to he**. What happened with this thing? Kinda looks like it fell off the deep end. Here is my $.02, whether anybody likes it or not. The QUESTIONING of whether or not this trip to Tug Hill was going to happen was discussed as early as January 17, due to lack of snow on the Hill. I myself made the suggestion of moving the trip to Canada. The information surrounding this trip was made available for ALL to see, right on the message board. It was not kept a secret between a couple individuals. We even posted to meet in the chat room on Sunday evening to finalize. Only 4 individuals showed up in the room. All along EVERYBODY was saying "Fine, whatever we want to do, wherever we ride, we ride" (not those exact words, but along those lines) Now I 100% agree that it sucks that Tug Hill does not have good riding conditions (maybe they do now, I don't kknow. But reports still do not look good) and the trip which had been planned since November had to be changed. However, a decision HAD TO be made, due to reservation issues with the accomodations. A decision NOT made by one individual person, but by individuals that chose to keep an eye on this post and what was going on. I think one of Dana's(who was not "running" this trip, he was just a central voice. That is how things get planned best, in my opinion. Rather than 5 different people conveying what the trip plan will be) main concern was that EVEYRBODY knew what was going on and that they were not going to show up at the Montague, being the plans had changed. He posted numerous times if anybody had Honk's or HRD's # to get in touch with them. I think the effort was made by Dana and others going on this trip to try to make sure all knew what was going on.

I think this falls under MISCOMMUNICATION. And people should not get pissed, insulted, throw accusations....WHATEVER! We are adults and should deal with conlict a little better than finger pointing and the "blame game".

With that said, here is my suggestion.......take it or leave it..whatever. I say, if we can, keep the Wedsnesday and Thursday at the Montague. Ride out of Marathon Friday, Satuday, and maybe Sunday. I for one do not want to be anywhere near the Hill come the weekend. Every yahoo that heard they have snow will be there riding. I think this is what is called a compromise. This is just my suggestion and not even sure if it is do-able due to room availability at the Mont.

It would be a shame for such a great riding group fall apart over something as petty as this. You're a great bunch of guys and we all know the good time we have riding together. So whaddaya say, let's make ammends here and get this worked out.

All families have there problems....even the TY family. Now let's shake hands make up up and friggin ride!!!!

Sorry not everyone was in on the change, but the information was here and effort was made to contact people. Not everyone will be happy all the time. I for one will be heading to the Three Bear on Thursday. This was the 4th time my reservations/plans changed so I really can't feel sorry for anyone. Riding north on the hill is still a big IF. There is snow, but not that much. It takes quite a bit to get good trails up there and this will be the first weekend with snow so EVERYONE will be up there. The latest snow depth shows Marathon area with the most snow anyway.

Attachments

• depth.jpg
    depth.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 177
Southern tier forecast for tonight is 3-6, and a couple more tomorrow! Tug Hill calling for 1-3. Sorry if some can't make this ride. We will see ya at a later date. Whitney Point, Marathon and McGraw have been grooming. Silver ghost, after coming to end of exit 9 ramp northbound on I-81 take a left towards village. Go straight through light and head towards river. Just before bridge take a left to Lovell field. Plenty of parking there for trailers. Look forward to meeting you. Dave

Here are a few pictures(courtesy of Viperman) of the great riding we had.

Attachments

• monker deep powder.JPG
    monker deep powder.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 231
  • boston rx1 and rx-1 man.JPG
    boston rx1 and rx-1 man.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 215
  • monker and nysrxr.JPG
    monker and nysrxr.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 230

Back