• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 yamaha phazer no start issue

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 yamaha phazer mtx mtn lite
I have a 2007 yamaha phazer MTX MTN LITE 144 LONG TRACK spent several months this season trying to get it to start no luck ran great last season i put new plugs injectors battery and starter solenoid in the sled recall updates have all been done starter bolts have put locktite on the sled currently has fuel compression and spark but wont start and wont even fire off starting fluid also has no check engine codes lost on whats wrong with it it has been at the shop the last month and they cant even get it to run sled also has burns titanium exhaust schmidts overdrive clutch kit and a boondocker tuner could the stator possibly be bad? Ive tried swapping cdi computer already and tht didnt work either

If a shop that has had it in their hands for a month can't get it to start, not sure how much help we can be. How do you know it has fuel, compression, and spark? What tests have been done?

One thing to check is too much fuel in the oil after trying to start it so much.

How do you know you have fuel going to the injectors? Did you check pressure? Pump or regulator could be bad.

New fuel pump...getting 43 psi off the fuel pump and plugs are wet wen pulled after cranking with plugs out cranking it will blow hand off cylinder head. And laid sparkplugs on ground point to test spark has healthy blue spark

Just thought id get a few other opinions cuz the shop is telling me that it needs a starter...cdi computer and a stator in order to fix it....i find this hard to believe considering it ran perfect last season put it away for summer and now boom wont start this season how would all of tht just take a crap all at once from sitting

If it cranks properly, you don't need a starter. CDI and stator? I think the shop is trying to parts shotgun the issue.

Stupid question but I have to ask. Have you tried draining and refilling with fresh fuel? Somebody else was having running issues and used a bit of Seafoam.

After cleaning and drying out the cylinders and and plugs, pull the fuel pump fuse or plug and try starting fluid only.

Tried draining and fresh fuel no go......odd thing with this is also tht there is no check engine codes....for this thing to have fuel compression and spark i find it odd tht theres no codes and wont start

It seems like the shop is at a deadend of running tests like i did now they are assuming cdi and stator or one or the other...but thts alot of money to throw away on a whim

Is it possible the stator pickup is bad? Or not registering correctly tht it is throwing the timing off for spark???

Ok, so you have fuel, compression, and spark. While none of those were scientific tests, I think you could prolly rule those out, especially the fuel one.

I suppose it is possible for the starter to turn too slow to get it to fire? I have a starter here that while it still works, just barely turns the motor over fast enough. I doubt it would be fast enough to actually get a sled to start. Aren't these starters rebuild-able?

Cant you rap a rope around the primary clutch and pull start it.I have done this on a 2 stroke but haven't tried this on a 4 stroke but i am pretty sure it will work.

I've done it on mine when my starter burned up twice. Always took two tries. I think the first try activates the decomp springs. Mind you, this is on a warm engine. My son did it several times on a cold engine when he had a weak battery.

Back