• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 Manitoba TY Ride

Coming in Tuesday now as I broke the driveshaft in my Warrior riding Manitoba last week. Bummer! Can't get a new one till Wed or Thursday.

Bringing my kids sled. What they don't know won't hurt them. Maybe bring the Rocket couch as well. They are Cats so I may need two. LOL.

New Family day holiday everything is closed Monday. Need to get a new registration. Somehow it got lost!

So two smoking for me at the TY ride. See you all there.

By the way Swiss it says they have data ports in each room at the Glenn Gary.

saturday for sure not, Friday is a good possibility. Were can I get a hold of you guys? I think I saw Sasquatch in LDB today. Has he been around? Also Brian I saw your RX in LDB a few weeks ago. I take it you sold it?

03griz said:
saturday for sure not, Friday is a good possibility. Were can I get a hold of you guys? I think I saw Sasquatch in LDB today. Has he been around? Also Brian I saw your RX in LDB a few weeks ago. I take it you sold it?

No not me but I was there a few times last week. Can you say cold! :brrr:

Arrived in Lac du Bonnet yesterday and they got some fresh snow on Sunday. Winds were really blowing and the snow drifts were pretty amazing. Rode with hlmrx1 and his partner yesterday and the trails were in pretty good shape considering it is a 3-day weekend in Manitoba. Riding up to Bird Lake today with Bver Fever, Reaper, hlmrx1, and 3 other guys. Should be a good. See you all when you get here.

P2170001.jpg

We started out with 7 today and finished with only 5. Hlmrx1 met us at Drifters for breakfast, but then bailed on us to go riding with his partner. Very noble of him. Another guy on a Polaris blew his jackshaft bearing on the lake and was done for the day.

After breakfast two Attaks had frozen relays and wouldn't start. Knowing the problem, we quickly fixed this and were on our way around 10:30. Trails were nice and we rode up to Nopiming Lodge at Bird Lake.

ColddayatBirdLake.jpg

We took the long way back and left Reaper and his brother at the Halfway Hut, where they headed back to Seddons Corner and the rest of us to Lac du Bonnet. We ended up riding 180 miles today and had quite a good time.

SayCheese.jpg

My wife & I take every Friday off in Feburary to ride.We would like to try
and join you on the ride this coming Friday. Please post the departure time & destination for that day(and other days). Weather looks good for riding all week.

We usually try for a departure time of 9 am. All rides will leave from the glen howard in lac du bonnet. For this year destinations will remain somewhat flexable due to not having an exact head count but the intention is to likely head to bird river area on friday and whiteshell for thursday. Saturday will be a shorter ride and destination will be determined by the number attending(will have to ride to a hut that is large enough to accomidate the group for lunch).

Gregory J said:
My wife & I take every Friday off in Feburary to ride.We would like to try
and join you on the ride this coming Friday. Please post the departure time & destination for that day(and other days). Weather looks good for riding all week.

Right now my wife is the only woman riding so having another female would be great. We did around 100 miles today trails were good to excellent it was a tad chilly -45F to -50F with the windchill. Brian was great took us on trails that were out of the wind as much as possible. Anyone from the winnipeg area should really try to make it for the rides Th, Fr, Sat always a great time this is my third trip and some have been here every year (four) best part is seeing the old familiar faces and some new ones so come on down ;)!

What a great day of riding. Convert is right that it was a tad chilly this morning at -35C, but that doesn't stop die hard TY riders. Brian took us out for ride. It was Convert, his wife Yamamama, hlmrx1, and myself. We made a stop early for Yamamama to warm up her thumb as it got quite cold. The boys posed for a picture.

P2190011.jpg

We rode a big loop down to Seddons Corners then over to Seven Sisters taking the long way. We filled up on food and coffee at The Tourist Inn, and once back on the trail. Convert had to get rid of some coffee. Yamamama's voice over for this picture was Where is it?. Given the cold temps I suspect there was some shrinkage.

P2190012.jpg

We stopped in Pinewa where the water was still flowing. Brian and Yamamoma in this picture.

P2190013.jpg

We dropped everyone off back at the hotel and I rode with Brian over to his club shack to plug in the groomer for tomorrow's session. Brian thought it was about 25 miles over but it was actually more like 40 miles. I rode with Brian back towards to Tyndall and then rode back to the motel. Another 180 mile day on some great trails.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Back