• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 Manitoba TY Ride

first time i went; what a great time!, Thanks BH for letting me ride your 40th and to my new friend TURK for riding your nitro love the track kick up some some snow WOW see all you guys and girls next year

Another great Manitoba ride is over : ( Brian and Margaret thank you so much for organizing the ride once again, nobody could do it any better. ;)!
It was great to meet some new faces, and see all of you once again. :-o There is simply no place that has a trail system like MB, where you can ride for so many miles and never cross a road. The volunteer's that maintain and groom the trails deserve a lot of praise they do an incredible amount of work for absolutely nothing. Brian thanks again for the opportunity to spend a day grooming it's something every rider should do once, what an eye opener.
The week started off a little chilly but that didn't stop us from riding, it just meant fewer pictures, by the weekend it had warmed up enough for us to really enjoy hanging around outside and the cameras came out. ;)!
The cookout on Saturday has become a tradition at this TY ride and what a great way to finish off the week, it's great to see the all the kids come along with mom and dad to me thats what snowmobiling is all about.
Cindy and I had a wonderful time once again, canadian hospitality at it's best, thanks everyone looking forward to next year ;)!

That's two in a row I missed now. Both times work releated. I was thinking about it the whole time and I know you all had a great time. It is a given you will have a good time on the Manitoba TY ride even if your sled breaks down. Depending on the severity of the breakdown It will get fixed and you will be riding the next day. Hopefully next year.

lakercr said:
Has Don been wearing his haloween costume all week?
You bet!!!!!
Kinda looks like one with the camera flash hitting it like that!!!!

Well it was nice seeing everyone again and meeting some new folks at the same time. Brian and Marg. did a great job organizing once again, sorry if missed thanking anyone else that was involved in organizing.

I only missed one ride, this year, Thursday’s Whiteshell ride in order to be able to make it on Wednesday with Bver Fever, Sasquatch, Swiss Sledder for the marathon ride. Even if I could have made it on Thursday I don’t think my body would have moved for me, lol. Matt, did you get your fill?????
Anyway it was a great time and remember guys and girls, don’t turn your back to anyone with a camera!!!!!

Sled Dog said:
That's two in a row I missed now.

TISK TISK TISK.......Rod you missed one of the Best Rides Yet ;)!

I was glad I was able to make it out for two days this year, I really missed riding with the gang last year and enjoyed this years ride alot.

C U Next Year Rod & Carol, you gotta make it back out :flag:

Convert said:
Wife and I talked on the way home next year were gonna ride up on the sleds if weather permits. I'll have to get the groomer schedule from Brian :-o

Hey A$$ Dragger, Why not GROOM THE TRAIL ALL THE WAY UP ;)!

Sweet, We will ride down and meet U at the Border :flag:

BTW...........I Still Owe U... ;):D ;):D ;):D ;):D ;):D

Convert said:
BOUNTYHUNTER said:
Sled Dog said:
That's two in a row I missed now.

TISK TISK TISK.......Rod you missed one of the Best Rides Yet ;)!

Hey we agree on something lol ;)! Wife and I talked on the way home next year were gonna ride up on the sleds if weather permits. I'll have to get the groomer schedule from Brian :-o

Hey that would be quite a trip. I will make it with a new XTC from my non smoking money one of these years. I am thinking and hoping next year. :jump:

Well, guess what guys, remember that broken down ski doo that we helped load on Friday night at the hotel? Well it was broken down on the trail again and the Father was hooking up his apex to pull it home again........

Sled Dog said:
Where is all the pics this year are they going to be posted like in years past?
There are about 40 of them in this thread and i'm putting together the CD's for everyone that asked for one as we speak should go in the mail tomorrow ;)!
Thought about doing a thread with all the pictures but 90% of them are already posted. It was too darn cold the first few days so the camera's weren't out as much as other years.

There should be a group of pics and a little write-up in the photo section like Tom always does. Maybe Bounty's new handle for him is going to Steve's head...........a$$dragger. lol :moon: :tg:

That photo section is seperate from the forums I don't have access to that, only Tom does. I have been trying to put something together to send to Tom so he can upload it to the site just been too busy with family stuff.
I just mailed out all the photo CD's today along with a few other things, they sure don't make it easy with all the customs paperwork took me 45 mins just to fill out all the forms. :o|

Convert said:
That photo section is seperate from the forums I don't have access to that, only Tom does. I have been trying to put something together to send to Tom so he can upload it to the site just been too busy with family stuff.
I just mailed out all the photo CD's today along with a few other things, they sure don't make it easy with all the customs paperwork took me 45 mins just to fill out all the forms. :o|

Gotta love the government,they can complicate the simplest thngs.
As assistant site administrator you should have acess to everything......including the perks. Time for a trip to the bosses office with your list of demands.

Back