• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 Nytro Front End+ Rebuild

Started up the Nytro today after trickle charging battery, getting ready to install this years updates (black hood / tank, PowerMadd LED hand guard inserts, WRP / Seat Concepts 2" riser seat, blue LED ground effects). Took a picture of the Seat Concepts logo on new seat cover, not as bold as I thought, looks fine. For some reason I was thinking the background was white but it is black, white and red rubber letters, looks high quality so should wear fine... Can't wait to test it out.

image.jpeg

Started up the Nytro today after trickle charging battery, getting ready to install this years updates (black hood / tank, PowerMadd LED hand guard inserts, WRP / Seat Concepts 2" riser seat, blue LED ground effects). Took a picture of the Seat Concepts logo on new seat cover, not as bold as I thought, looks fine. For some reason I was thinking the background was white but it is black, white and red rubber letters, looks high quality so should wear fine... Can't wait to test it out.

View attachment 149862
I like it.

I have a Seat Concepts seat on my KTM 500, quality product and extremely comfortable. I would say you'll get the same results.

Looks good I actually dont mind the logo at all the picture I saw was a round logo. The material also looks nice. I'm excited for mine to come in. I also was able to get my hands on a brand new medium windshield and black side deflectors.

Looks good I actually dont mind the logo at all the picture I saw was a round logo. The material also looks nice. I'm excited for mine to come in. I also was able to get my hands on a brand new medium windshield and black side deflectors.
I agree... Logo was better than I recalled, quality of seat cover and foam seems high too. Nice on the windshield, mine covers the windshield bag and about 3", not sure if that is mid height but appears to be, works great.

I think you will like the seat and cover. I am sure Nytros are not primary but seems like quality items, albeit a little rough on packing and perhaps stock... We are still early here in ME! : )

Yeah I deleted post.. realized I was whining over nothing. Not like I can ride on the grass.. I am just excited to see the change the seat will make and if I will like it. Did you get yours on yet? I ordered a stapler from harbour freight gonna try to tackle it myself fingers crossed.

Theres sime very good vids on YouTube that detail seat reupholstery. I watched a few before I did mine. Very simple actually, just take ur time. I've done several now on sled, and motorbike seats.

Yeah I deleted post.. realized I was whining over nothing. Not like I can ride on the grass.. I am just excited to see the change the seat will make and if I will like it. Did you get yours on yet? I ordered a stapler from harbour freight gonna try to tackle it myself fingers crossed.

Keep me posted, I might do the same thing... going to visit a local boat seat guy too, but thinking I can do it myself too with SS staples. I just finished gathering "initial" Nytro parts / upgrades for this season: Black hood, Black tank cover, WRP seat, LED inserts for PowerMadd hand guards & new toggle switch & rubber cover. Last (lol) item will be some sort of GPS and mount as I want to do more exploring, solo riding in northern Maine this year (and or connect with some Nytro friends from here up there); thinking I can set up my clamshell trailer as a lean-too camp and be able to do many weekends in the Maine woods!

Theres sime very good vids on YouTube that detail seat reupholstery. I watched a few before I did mine. Very simple actually, just take ur time. I've done several now on sled, and motorbike seats.

Great idea, I will check those out, seems like there must be a method to the tightness required. That is my only fear, I don't go tight enough or too tight, I figure I can align it! How did yours go, any pictures of the effort?

I did take pics....but for the life of me can't find them...must have deleted them. Tightness, or not tight enuf was my original fear too. Cideos shiw some very good detail. If I'm not mistaken, just line up the fabric, centered, over the foam, and start at front of seat. I pulled mine tight as I went and was afraid it might tear at the staples from ne sitting on it, but it turned out just fine. I'll see if I can find the YT link I used.

I did take pics....but for the life of me can't find them...must have deleted them. Tightness, or not tight enuf was my original fear too. Cideos shiw some very good detail. If I'm not mistaken, just line up the fabric, centered, over the foam, and start at front of seat. I pulled mine tight as I went and was afraid it might tear at the staples from ne sitting on it, but it turned out just fine. I'll see if I can find the YT link I used.
Cool, post a link or pics if you find them. So go tight enough to fear tearing staples when you sit and all good... Ok.

Found it. This is the video I watched a few times prior to doing my seat. You'll laugh when you start watching it, but it details the process very nicely.

Found it. This is the video I watched a few times prior to doing my seat. You'll laugh when you start watching it, but it details the process very nicely.

Cool... Just what I needed to get motivated. Thanks.

Installed seat concepts seat and cover last night i was able to get the cover installed with no wrinkles and it looks good but it was a PiTA. Quality wise the seat is not as good as oem. Rough edges few dents and rough spots in foam, does not fit around shouds like the oem. Seat is also hard as a rock and I think brings you up way to high I've read that 500 miles will soften the seat some but dont think it's for me. It's so tall that even with the oft relocater your arms are hung low not straight or slightly upward.

The oft relocater is a beautifully crafted piece but when installed with the stock seat it completely blocks your gauges and puts your sack up against the gas tank, even with the wrp seat your bottom indicators on your gauge are blocked by the oft unless your 6' plus. I'll just say this... alot of money and time spent and unfortunately I'll will be returning the sled back to stock form. As it just plain fits me better that way. Just placed a 600 dollar order for oem parts. So PM if your interested in +2 seat mounted on pan, or oft relocation kit, both installed on sled but never used.

For those that like both of these mods that's great! But for me this was my opinion being 5'8.

Back