• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 End of the Apex ??

King44

Extreme
In Febuary when they show next years models I have a feeling that the new look for the Apex is going to be the Nytro look. I know the centralized mass and all the engineering that is in the Nytro works, and for riding sake, it's probably the better machine vs the Apex. I thought by now the Nytro look would have grown on me, but I still like the look of the Apex. Am I the only one who thinks this way ? :yam:

I hope not because I want to buy a new APEX nextyear and was hopeing that they are going to make it a 144 and not move it to the nytro. I like the apex alot more

I would think they would have to keep something with the Apex/Vector body style as it is more of a trail type sled. Maybe eliminate the 4 cylinder and turbo the 3?? The Nytro is more for ditch banging than anything else IMO.

I have to disagree, the Nytro is a good trail sled that is great for ditch banging, or a great ditch banger that is a good trail sled. You can't say the same for the Apex.

The nytro is definately not a great trail sled. More for snowcross and ditch banging. It is too stiff to actually enjoy a somewhat smooth trail. It's great for the rough stuff if that is what you like to ride. I prefer the Apex and Vector style for true groomed trail riding.

HONDAFIXER said:
They turn it into a Nytro and I will switch to Ski-Doo

Im afraid Im with you... I love my yammis but I just cant get used to the look of the nytro or phazer.... I think the apex is the best looking sled on snow. Im 6'6" 295lbs, I just don't fit right on the rider forward sleds.. and I don't care for the look of the nytro at all... Im planning on keeping my apex for a couple seasons but when it comes time to trade... I hope there is a similar sled in yammis lineup... Nothing against the nytro or phazer, they just are not for me.... skidoo may not be either but If I had to choose, Id have to try them all out before I bought anything...

I agree.......i bought a used 09 xtx and after 1 quick ride, traded it right back in on a new 2010 vector gt, XTX was not at all what I thought it was gonna be and I am lovin this new vector...

Time will tell but the rumor mill is pointing to a trail friendly variation of the Nytro chassis to replace the Delta Box II. Very sad indeed, the handling of the Nytro chassis remains subpar & has never been resolved from the factory. The DBII chassis has a high cG but is otherwise awsome.
Rumor mill also says bye bye to the 4-cyl which would be a crime as this engine is the crown jewel of technology, relaibility & power. The 3-cyl fuelies are likely to be the highest HP offering from Yam moving forward.
R&D, engine & chassis development are too expensive in these economic times. A rad new chassis engine combo is not likely.
I still mourn the loss of the SRX700, I fear the Apex DBII & Genesis 150 will join their triple triple bretheren in sled heaven.

HONDAFIXER said:
They turn it into a Nytro and I will switch to Ski-Doo

If so I will treat my apex rtx as my child and hang on/keap it until the end of my days :Rockon:

I agree also no nytro for me. I rode my brothers today and its definitly more of a ditch banger and not nearly as smooth as the apex. He even said my apex rtx is like a cadillac compared to his nytro. The loss of the 4 cylinder would be super lame, the 3 cylinder falls on its face at 80mph where the apex keeps pulling just my opinion

the apex is way way more comfortable on the groomed trails and much warmer I can't see yamaha going totally to the open cockpit freeze your a@# off nytro style

Back