• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 sled on maxsled

new sled

what i can,t understand is everybody is all hyped up to see the sleds on yamaha,s web site and maximum sled puts it on their site 3 hours early.

Turk,
pardon me if I was wrong. I have just seen you over on DooTalk. I guess I thought you were singing the praises of the XR. My bad.

Just some thoughts:

Who is responsible for the hype, Yamha or the consumer?

Hopefully the new idlers are a little bit bigger or with different mounts to help with hyfax wear.

It's great that they are finally addressing known issues with their current sleds, it's taken too long IMHO but at least they are trying to fix what they have.

I like the all black seat on the Apex GT.

Are those different rails on the Apex GT? Track adjustment looks to be in front of the axle now?? Maybe more durable??

I wonder how they are going to price the 2010 models?

Just don't have it in me today to beat on Yamaha because they chose to refine great sleds instead of coming out with new ones with the same problems.

xr ain,t bad but nytro motor is way more responsive & smooth. Their 1200 is also old technology.
caveman motor.

It will be interesting to see what motor refinements are made for the XR in '10. The foundation for the sled, the chassis, is infinitely better from what I am gathering though. Am I off base?

I spoke with a highmile rider last Sat who owns an 09 XTX. This guy puts 5000-6000 kms on a sled in a week, yeah I know, it's nuts ! :Rockon: Anyway, he rode with a guy on Sat with a new XR 1200 Doo, both of them gassed up at the same time with the same distance travelled, and both times, the Doo was $5-$6 more to fill than the Yamaha. Another reason why Doo needs to re-evaluate their approach to 4 stroke technology. :yam:

BTW Turk, you better not be "going bananas" I hope... ;):D

IFlyEm said:
It will be interesting to see what motor refinements are made for the XR in '10. The foundation for the sled, the chassis, is infinitely better from what I am gathering though. Am I off base?

I heard they are going to three throttle boddies instead of the one throttle body that they are using now and some minor exhaust changes. I heard it will be closer to 145hp after that..

SledFreak said:
IFlyEm said:

I heard they are going to three throttle boddies instead of the one throttle body that they are using now and some minor exhaust changes. I heard it will be closer to 145hp after that..

That's what I am hearing as well. And if they do boost it that's going to spell big trouble for team blue. Ah were are the days of 2003 when we were setting the pace in the 4-stroke sleds!

IFlyEm said:
SledFreak said:
IFlyEm said:

That's what I am hearing as well. And if they do boost it that's going to spell big trouble for team blue. Ah were are the days of 2003 when we were setting the pace in the 4-stroke sleds!

those days seem to be dwindeling and going down the drain fast..

SledFreak said:
IFlyEm said:
SledFreak said:
IFlyEm said:

those days seem to be dwindeling and going down the drain fast..

:o|

i sell them and i am disapointed . we need more. this will lose market share for sure . i think i will try a new rush.

Good catch on the rail change, definitely something different there. Also the wheels in the pics look to be the spoke type from the access. However there appears to be a bearing cover on the outside. I noticed both Doo and Cat do this and they seem to have a better life span with regard to bearings. Not sure why the tension adjuster would move from rear to front unless it's simple needed to have the larger rear axle.

I'm not looking to get a new sled this year so the changes made are in my mind a good thing. The hot grip fix (assuming they got it this time) is what all of us have been asking for. And other refinements were definitely needed and overdo but better late than never. I can only guess that we are probably seeing a few of the attributes of next years release. As for the elimination of the Apex RTX, didn't even notice it and if true I think it was a good move, the Apex isn't a rough trail chassis. A set-up mono will do fine with that chassis; by fine I mean the chassis is the limiting factor. The only question I have now is whether or not the exhaust system has been tweaked.

Back