• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 sled on maxsled

I know alot of you guys are kinda pissed but I'm kinda relieved. Now I don't have to figure out how to pay for another new sled. I was kinda 50/50 on the whole thing.

My guess is there's a new sled that's gonna show up mid-day on the yamaha website. maxsled just showed us the holdovers...that's not where you're going to see the new iron.

Superman said:
Actually I know alot of you guys are kinda pissed but I'm kinda relieved. Now I don't have to figure out how to pay for another new sled. I was kinda 50/50 on the whole thing.

Yep and in this economy I don't think your the only one. Personally If I had a sled I bough 3 or less year ago I wouldn't want the company to release the next big thing every year. Bring down the value of older sleds to quick and tells you what you had isn't good enough and still paying for it.

Wow, Glad I didn't wait to pull the trigger on my Turbo Z1. Makes our Apex/Attak worth more money too. Just the way I have my new Attak setup now warmers that really do work and replaceable bearings in the Ski-Doo idler wheels. Might see a lot of guys move to Doo and Cat that just want something new and different, like I did with the new Cat turbo. I think their making a bit mistake if they want sled sales, but thats there business. Guess I was very wrong about them releasing a high HP machine.

IFlyEm said:
What a flat out disappointment! We fell behind last year with the advent of the 4-Tec and Z1 Turbo. Yamaha NEEDED to raise the bar on SOMETHING! The same ole Apex is now 4 years old with no significant changes. We REALLY needed to up the HP on both the Apex and Nytro.
Its going to be hard for people to resist going to with the Renegade 4-Tec now. Turk and Jannetty are making the switch. Who else?

I hope there is a surprise coming at noon. I am surprised that the line up was announced on Max Sled before Yamaha's "Huge" live unveiling.

I'm also surprised they dropped the Apex RTX. That was the only Apex I was ever interested in.

Turk is going to ski-doo?

Where did that come from?
I have a lot of miles on the new doo,s & they have nothing on a dialed in xtx!!!!

ya, a big old whatever hear to. i also agree, there will be alot of brand switching. Doo has a few guy out here into etechs and the word kinda travels around on them. big milage and good power. the new vector maybe like that to but no one of any other brand can get past the weight issue yamaha has been dubbed with

Thats just low!!!!!
Lyle...about the weight thingee....I don,t know how you farm boys ride sleds in Saskabush but in Manitoba we ride em...not carry em!!!

Turk said:
Thats just low!!!!!
Lyle...about the weight thingee....I don,t know how you farm boys ride sleds in Saskabush but in Manitoba we ride em...not carry em!!!

Oh now that's just too good LMAO. Lyle are you going to take that from him? :rofl:

YamahaOutlaw said:
My guess is there's a new sled that's gonna show up mid-day on the yamaha website. maxsled just showed us the holdovers...that's not where you're going to see the new iron.

the new sled is the Vector with Fuel injection. There is nothing else!!! Sad Sad Sad.

Look at Doo in 2003 the Rev came out. Plus they came out with Push Button reverse. They improved it every year plus they came out with DFI. Then in 2005 they brought the Mach Z out again. Then in 2008 they released the XP. This year they addressed all the major issues with it.

look at Cat. 2003 they came out with the F7 and the F5. In 04 they came out with the f6. They also came out with the Diamond Drive. Then on 2007 the Twin Spar Chassis was released. This year they have the Big Turbo sled

Look at Poo. They came out with the Fusion. It was a joke and they quickly came out with the dragon and the IQ. Now there is the RUSH.

Look at Yamaha. 2003 they come out with the RX1. Then they come out with the Vector same sled as the RX-1 with less power. 2006 they release the Apex. Basically the same sled as the RX-1 with Fuel injection and the Handle bars moved forward. It's not any lighter then the RX-1 and it makes a true 150hp. The Apex is a great sled for sure but is it a home run? Next they move the vector into the Apex chassis. Again nothing new here. 2008 they release the Nytro and it's a disaster in my book. In 09 they complete change the front end and improve the rear skid shock specs. They also release the XTX which is the same sled at the Nytro with a 144 inch track. Anyone who really wanted a 144 could have bought a 121 and added the pieces to make it a 144. The Tipped rail was a gimmick in my book. I road a XTX over the weekend and it felt Massive to me me. It most certainly didn't feel like a 121 as I went through a sweeping corner.

Since Yamaha went 4 stroke they have had 3 chassis RX-1, Apex, and Nytro. All have had issues Some of which have been addressed. it took four model years if the Apex for Yamaha to address the hand warmer issue. Two years of the Nytro. They still haven't addressed the Ski issue.

I love Yamaha. But if this is as good as it gets I think I'm going to look real hard at another brand!!!!

Back