• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 sled on maxsled

NyTrOMaNIaC said:
BlueByYou2000 said:
Looks like Maxsled pulled the 2010 info.

A little too late for that ;):D Seems every year MS releases the info on the new Yamaha's before Yamaha themselves do, makes ya wonder if it's a set up for all of us and perhaps something NEW is really coming, or can the guys at MS really not accurately tell the time ? :o|

Just like last year. Yamaha announces the coming out party and the dipstick mags and websites screw them over.

Interesting that maxsled had the info up, and now it does not. That does not bode well for an addition of any notable new sled. While the new vector should be a big improvement (not really anything wrong with the old one besides skis, and handwarmers) that is not a new model.

I don't mind if they got rid of the apex rtx, just so long as the taller seat is on other models. I don't like the older sit down style ergos with the shorter seats on the non rtx apex's.

The same happened on Xgames.com with a full video of the new polaris rush a good full day ahead of the unveiling on Polaris' site.

I know that people didnt like the skid on the Apex RTX but I liked the gearing, the seat, and the riser. Not to mention it was by far the best looking Apex.

maybe they wanted to see what we would say first, now they see we are not impressed and they are going to give us a new line up again. maybe go right till 2011 right away. these guys are killing me. remeber intrduction of the srx? the v max 4? give us some oohs like that again. please

IFlyEm said:
I know that people didnt like the skid on the Apex RTX but I liked the gearing, the seat, and the riser. Not to mention it was by far the best looking Apex.

Also, the RTX skid was the best for racing against your buddies, better holeshot.

would be a great little marketing ploy if yamaha had this stunt organized with maxsled to get us all thinking BNG and then WHAM at 12pm unveil something we all drop our jaw for

wishful thinking!?

MattZx6 said:
would be a great little marketing ploy if yamaha had this stunt organized with maxsled to get us all thinking BNG and then WHAM at 12pm unveil something we all drop our jaw for

wishful thinking!?

Very wishful ;):D

NyTrOMaNIaC said:
cutlass7 said:
NyTrOMaNIaC said:
I spoke with a highmile rider last Sat who owns an 09 XTX. This guy puts 5000-6000 kms on a sled in a week, yeah I know, it's nuts ! :Rockon: Anyway, he rode with a guy on Sat with a new XR 1200 Doo, both of them gassed up at the same time with the same distance travelled, and both times, the Doo was $5-$6 more to fill than the Yamaha. Another reason why Doo needs to re-evaluate their approach to 4 stroke technology. :yam:

BTW Turk, you better not be "going bananas" I hope... ;):D

You talked to a guy, well I have personal experience, the XTX and the 1200 will use EXACTLY the same amount of fuel when driven in the same conditions. On a 650km ride we were always within $1 of each other, the only difference is that the 1200 will go about 100km farther due to the bigger tank.

And whoever said the Nytro is smoother and more responsive needs to ride them both back to back. The 1200 is so quiet and smooth it's almost like an electric motor and the 1200 has alot more pull after 80 km/h. Bottom end in a drag comes down to whoever gets the better start but midrange and top end power the 1200 feels stronger.

Yep, I talked to a guy, this guy is nick named "the million mile kid" for a reason, and I trust his word 110%. As for who said the FX Nytro is smoother and more responsive, that person would be Turk, another guy with quite a bit of knowledge when it comes to sleds.

Like I said, I've spent time on both, have you?

SledFreak said:
The hyfaxes are not an issue. They wear to a certain point and don't wear anymore...

I do not agree with you on this! On my sled they dont wear to a certain point and then stops. I have changed a LOT of slides with "wear through" holes in. Was the same thing on my phazer, my friends nytros, vikings and venture. We are not only plowing in the deep and the wear out happens in normal driving conditions - not only on hard packed.

Friends with poo and doo does not have this happen driving in the same conditions as us yamaha guys.

Back