• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 sled on maxsled

Hopefully the new computer on the Vector which tells you when to change oil is done with a sensor. Not just on calculated miles.

Anyone notice those prices the 2010 apex ltx gt is $17,099 msrp. I'm thinking that any 08 09 leftovers will sell fast.

Thanks for that link. It looks like the 2010 vector was really woken up by the efi mill.
I wish they raced the 09 carbed vector vs the 09 apex as well, just for comparison sake.

Also, now I want to see what the new FI vector will compare in the same drag race as the fx nytro.

I have a feeling the new vector will smoke it.

Hummm same fi engine tweaked differently. That would be interesting. I wouldn't say smoke, both are good down low.

TurboJamie said:
I would have to say that vetor would smoke the ntyro .

Based on how well the fi vector fared against the apex, I fully agree.

the only thing this shows is how badly yamaha needs to make the apex faster by either adding more power, or reducing weight.

from MS
"Yamaha is doing the right thing; improving, adding something new and keeping customers happy. And that is what excites us about the 2010 models from Yamaha."

Did I miss something??? Like the Something NEW ??

I woke up early (see other post) to see the "new" 2010 (Yawnaha's) and (Snore) I really think (Yawnaha) is in (slumberland) if they think BNG and updates that don't rate "NEW MODEL" status are going to satisfy their customers.

Wait Maybe I didn't wake up yet.... I hope not.

I have my fingers crossed for a REAL NEW MODEL 2010 YAMAHA

(I need to thank Yamaha (at this point) for allowing me to keep the money I have saved for a new sled in my savings account for another year..)

:o|

06R

after seeing those prices its a good job they didn't put out a turbo.... It would of been over $20 000cdn forsure not many will dish out that.

You know I wasn't expecting much from Yamaha next year, just improvements and of course the FI added to the base Vector. It looks like I nailed it on the head. I look at it this way.....I am happy to see all 4 mfg's making improvements and hanging in there. I do not want to see any of the 4 leave the market. That would be bad for the sport. That could happen with this current economy and with the lousy winters. Look at it today in the upper midwest. The snow is either gone or toast with the extreme warm up and heavy rains. We went from early February to April 1st all in about a couple days. Let's just be happy the sport is still alive and no one is bowing out..........for now.

*Yawn* Yamaha salesmen are going to earn their money this year for sure. I hope their sales targets are flat or lower because this release will only hold market share at best. I think they will likely lose some share to the Cat and Doo 4 strokes.

Now that I have seen the new sleds, I'm going to liven up my evening by watching some paint dry. :drink:

Hey diggler. I also rode a 1200X Doo. Thats why I bought a Nytro SE. The Yamaha felt rock soild compared to the Doo. I could actually feel the 1200's chassis flex. As for people wanting a faster, lighter Apex. I can see where you are coming from. But with the Nytro, when was the last time you saw a R6 (yes the street bike.) on a motocross track. (catch my drift?)

Back