• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The public viewing is from 4 to 9pm on thurs. the 21st. I have my hotel room booked for two weeks already.

journeyman said:
Blue Dave said:
Mazz said:
Dealer show is Feb. 19,20,21 in Minneapolis

Thanks. When can the general public view the 2014 models?

I would think shortly afterwards. Usually the dealers come home with the brochures after their dealer meetings.

Myself I will be in the UP that week. I am sure I will find out from the guys at Pat's in Greenland. In fact I bet one of them will be leaving that week to come down to Mpls for the show. With the poor snow this year and the UP getting theirs late those guys probably don't know much this year either at this point in time. Normally Yamaha tests up there but this year I think they were in Alaska testing.

I'll be up there too. Kip is flying out that Tues. to go to the show, talked with him this AM. Should be interesting! I think Yamaha will finally get it done this year!

I have a feeling the vast majority will be very dissapointed with Yamaha. Maybe I should grab that last 2012 1200 Doo renegade..........

Even if they release a 200 lbs sled with 450 hp for 7 grand, some people will be dissapointed thats just how it is.

Sportsterdanne said:
Even if they release a 200 lbs sled with 450 hp for 7 grand, some people will be dissapointed thats just how it is.
i would settle for 550 lbs with 175 hp for 10 grand :sled1:

i would settle for 550 lbs with 175 hp for 10 grand

500 pounds 150 hp.... would be sweet.

And I'll toss in a 450 pound 110hp, sounds like we just built a great lineup!

And I'll toss in a 450 pound 110hp, sounds like we just built a great lineup![/quote]

Count me in for one of those! ;)!

Grimm said:
Mighty said:
Viper34 said:
I predict the Nytro is no longer offered in 2014...chassis was terrible anyways..

I also predict a all new chassis that will surprise you all...but in a WTF sort of way..like WTF is that and WTF did they build that for..IMO
Well look who's nosing around :yam:

After a 7 year hiatus no less...hmmmm.

Maybe Yamaha patent #8336660 will be coming to fruition. Seems like a WTF prediction.

Circa 2005...dangerous :hide:

Viper34 said:
Circa 2005...dangerous :hide:

How come? Is that drawing similar to the new sled? That concept would definitely have caused the "deer in the headlights look" mentioned in the Sled Talk Blog.

AKrider said:
The closer the we get to the release date, the less inlined I am to believe there is some type of collaboration between Cat and Yamaha on anything besides the 120.

The collaboration is there and it is more than a 120. IMHO, doubtful for MY2014 though...time will tell.

Here is an interesting read, the 2012 Yamaha fact book.
http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/ir ... book-e.pdf

It breaks down their products on a pie chart and snowmachines are part of the power sports category. Powersports make up 7.9% of their production. This might sound good until you realize that power sports category is made up of sleds, ATV's, side by sides, snowblowers, generators and golf carts. Sleds are a silver of this 7.9%! Makes sense why updates and new models are few and far between.

They sold approximately 21,000 sleds last year worldwide. They sold more new sleds in Russia and Europe than in Canada and the USA combined. out of the 21,000 new sleds produced, approximately 8,988 sleds went to North America. According to GE Captial http://www.gecapital.com/en/our-customers/yamaha.html there are approximately 1000 Yamaha dealers in North America. That works out to less than 9 new sleds to each dealer! Of course I can't break out how many dealers sell sleds but say it is 500, that still only 18 new sleds per dealer. That's not very many sleds.

Looking at this info, I'd now have to guess that Yamaha would see more sales success by selling rebadged Arctic Cat's than developing a whole new line up. If the Cats were equipped with Yamaha motors, it makes a lot of sense from a financial perspective.

Yeah but the dealers dont eran the big buck from selling new sleds... it's more from the accessroies and selling old sled etc only a bit more then 2 weeks left :p

Back