• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Was thinking and wondering what the next game changer they could develope and was pondering hydrostatic drive system of some sort. Just a thought. Hoping its a big shake up not bng.

I think expectations are already way to high no matter what they come out with. I wanna see something new and cool but know that it will take a lot to make up for lost time. As great as the Yamaha four stroke engines are Yamaha should have been more focused on chassis and suspension design. No one that buys a new ride every few years cares much about engine longevity, especially after purchasing an extended warranty. They care about ride,handling and how they feel after a 250 mile day of mixed bag trails or a day of hammering the mountains back down to size.

Re: viper

cjjeeper said:
Man, maybe Chris does talk in deep code.

In one of the replies he pointed out his reference to Stevie Ray Vaughn.

A person (who is likely on here) pointed out that Stevie's initials are SRV....

He adds that to the year of the snake reference and gets..

Viper SRV...

so who knows?

Of course somebody else above read that same blog post and came away with an electric snowmachine.....WT?

SR Viper and SR Venom have been posted here before and are yamaha patented names. So 2 new sleds in an SR chassis (new) with a nytro motor in the viper and a new 673 triple in the venom.
I find the pics CR chooses to post on the blog just as interesting as the comments. A mountain horse converted YFZ 450 and the tesseract.

7 skulls said:
cjjeeper said:

Viper SRV...

so who knows?

Of course somebody else above read that same blog post and came away with an electric snowmachine.....WT?

SR Viper and SR Venom have been posted here before and are yamaha patented names. So 2 new sleds in an SR chassis (new) with a nytro motor in the viper and a new 673 triple in the venom.
I find the pics CR chooses to post on the blog just as interesting as the comments. A mountain horse converted YFZ 450 and the tesseract.

I cant wait to see if he uses the word "Game Changer" again for this release.... I think he took enough of a beating the last time.... But again, it just maybe is this time... Common Chris, start leaking the pics like you usually do...

My Yamaha dealer told me that he was told that this will me the biggest Yamaha snowmobile announcement ever. Also suspicious as to what they're involvement will be with Arctic Cat. I was told that last year was the last year Suzuki will be making Arctic Cat's 4 stroke motors. Timing seems interesting. Also the fact that Cat and Yammy worked together on a sled in 2013 (I know, it was only the 120). Maybe a supercharged Apex motor in a sno pro chassis? Wouldn't that be interesting.

cjjeeper said:

Viper SRV...

so who knows?

Sounds like someone is trying to decipher the DaVinci Codes.

I remember when Yamaha introduced the VMax 4. I don't recall any rumours about it. The introduction of the RX caught me off guard and I couldn't believe my ears when I heard it start at the sled show. You would think in this day and age with wikileaks, camera phones, youtube, loose lips, that we would have some sort of idea what is coming out. So far, nothing solid....just out of control speculation.

Isn't it bad that in the last 5 winters we've had 2 good and we still wait on pins and needles to b let down. But hope remain that yamaha has been doing 6-7 years extra r and d on this next generation. If it hits the nail right I'd prob try to finagle one out of the budget. But it would have to b a real game changer like the rev was. Mmmm the rev done by yamaha that just gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. I guess I'm hoping for di 2 stroke

What if its a rhino but done up razor style with twin tracks and a set of skis? Or a 700 raptor done the same way?

Well they need the new rhino as well but that's another thread. They have always let products that sell stick around banshee blaster warrior=17-19 years basically unchanged.

post-963-1209769144.jpg

you got the wrong forum for side by side sled speculation :)

My source says big things are coming.

My source is my cousin's brother's uncle who eats lunch with a guy who knows someone who worked at Yamaha with a guy who used to know Chris Reid.

Back