• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I just wanted to to post the benefits of this technology as it has come a lot further since the 1970's. Also as a university student I get access to scientific database with credible information through my library. I see more of a benefit with this new technology then a hinderance.

My ex was psychotic close enough? Come on 83. A hydronic system would handle whatever rpm the motor likes as well. Imagine a lay down three cylinder in the place of the current chain case /bottom end is now that would eliminate some weight and drastically lower cg

ohhh i know what it will be it will be a snowmobile with a manufacture year of 2014. geez it wasnt that hard guys.

mclarenyamaha said:
It will look more like an arctic cat but with nytro engine. It will have yamaha fit and finish. Front exaust, oil and chaincase in the same unit. Lots of arctic cat patents. And the name will be viper. And it will be light with the one and only yamaha durabiliti. Thats my bets. If you google closely you will find something.

This is spot on. I had a conversation today with an insider. This is exactly what he told me he said Yamaha is coping the procross so its 100% Yamaha. It will have a nytro motor and it will have front exit exhaust

Anybody ever run a hydrostatic drive machine in the winter and cold? Very impractical and then you need a heater to get it going and a cooler to keep oil from getting warm plus a oil tank which adds weight. Way too complicated for a sled and expensive not only to buy but to fix also

Here is a thought, ...... Unless Yamaha comes out with 4 all new sled , Half of us will be P.O,ed.
If They GOOF this completely on the 20th . They are in for a 400 page SMACK-DOWN!

jtssrx said:
mclarenyamaha said:
It will look more like an arctic cat but with nytro engine. It will have yamaha fit and finish. Front exaust, oil and chaincase in the same unit. Lots of arctic cat patents. And the name will be viper. And it will be light with the one and only yamaha durabiliti. Thats my bets. If you google closely you will find something.

This is spot on. I had a conversation today with an insider. This is exactly what he told me he said Yamaha is coping the procross so its 100% Yamaha. It will have a nytro motor and it will have front exit exhaust

I've heard a similar thing about Yamaha not having and not being willing to pay the money to use patents to build their own sled. Cat already has patents and the agreements to use other patents. It's just cheaper and easier to use the Cat chassis. It's a win win for both companies.

jtssrx said:
mclarenyamaha said:

So it will still be built by Yamaha in their factory? That is the biggest deal to me. It has to be a true Yamaha even if it uses some Cat patents. It sort of makes you wonder though what Yamaha gave to Cat to make this possible? A sled that rides and handles as good as a Cat, but is built in a high tech plant with outstanding levels of QC using quality components and a Yamaha 4-stroke. Isn't there a possibility that Cat owners (other then die hard brand loyalists) could jump ship left and right? Cat would have to be getting something out of a deal like this that their younger demographic would like otherwise they would be selling out the farm to Yamaha.

#$%&* Yeah im getting my hopes up :p

61783_537996419565813_1784406930_n.jpg
#$%&*

Yamaha doesn't need anything from Cat.
Moto GP, Motocross, Quads, all world champions.
Formula 1 engine builder
Engine tuners for some of the worlds greatest super cars
First 4 stroke snocross win (other manufacturers don't/can't match it)

Arctic Cat = big fish in a small pond. They peaked with the ZR series.

Back