• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 jackshaft upgrade

Resyek83

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 SR Viper LTX
Ok I've read the sticky in the FAQ section about upgrading the 14/15 models to the 2016 jackshaft to eliminate the locking collar on the wobble bearing. The parts diagrams however aren't making sense. 14/15 models use part 8jp-rag04-00-00, which says "BEARING 2206K. This is the locking collar type with the tapered bore.

2016 models use part 8jp-rag04-10-00 which is supposedly the straight-bore bearing hence no locking collar....but it still says "BEARING 2206k" in the description, and everything I'm reading says any 2206 bearing with the "k" designaton is a tapered bore, not a straight bore. I want to buy a higher quality bearing from a good supplier (sorry, not much faith in the china bearings that are making this such a big deal) but I dont want to buy the wrong ones. Is it possible the parts diagram is wrong in the description and it should say "bearing 2206" without the "K"? Using partzilla.com diagrams for reference.

My point is that 14/15 and 16 are different bearings....but the part description says "bearing 2206k" for both applications....this makes no sense.

To my understanding the 14 , 15 ,16 and 16.5 all have the same wobble bearing. The bearing changed in 17. If you want to get away from the wobble bearing u need the 2017 parts.

The 16.5 changed the jack shaft and then you no longer needed the locking collar but the wobble bearing stayed.

But...they changed the shaft in 16 and eliminated the locking collar, so the 16 shaft requires the straight bore wobble bearing, not the tapered bore wobble bearing...but both applications list the same description of "bearing 2206k" even though part numbers are slightly different...grr, I feel like I'm the only one who understands this.

But...they changed the shaft in 16 and eliminated the locking collar, so the 16 shaft requires the straight bore wobble bearing, not the tapered bore wobble bearing...but both applications list the same description of "bearing 2206k" even though part numbers are slightly different...grr, I feel like I'm the only one who understands this.
I never noticed but I assure you the 16 bearing is not locking and no taper. I bought that setup.

Ok I've read the sticky in the FAQ section about upgrading the 14/15 models to the 2016 jackshaft to eliminate the locking collar on the wobble bearing. The parts diagrams however aren't making sense. 14/15 models use part 8jp-rag04-00-00, which says "BEARING 2206K. This is the locking collar type with the tapered bore.

2016 models use part 8jp-rag04-10-00 which is supposedly the straight-bore bearing hence no locking collar....but it still says "BEARING 2206k" in the description, and everything I'm reading says any 2206 bearing with the "k" designaton is a tapered bore, not a straight bore. I want to buy a higher quality bearing from a good supplier (sorry, not much faith in the china bearings that are making this such a big deal) but I dont want to buy the wrong ones. Is it possible the parts diagram is wrong in the description and it should say "bearing 2206" without the "K"? Using partzilla.com diagrams for reference.

The Part numbers are different. Just order the 16 part number and you should be good. The discription is prolly just a miss print. The different part number is more important and says that the bearings are different from the 14/15 bearings to the 16 bearing

The 2015 7000 doesn't use the taper sleeve bearing, its a straight bearing no sleeve.

I understand what you are saying. The "K" in the bearing part # usually designates tapered bore.

Has anyone ever machined a bushing for the early shaft (14 and 15) and converted it to the regular bearing?

Has anyone ever machined a bushing for the early shaft (14 and 15) and converted it to the regular bearing?

May be cheaper to just buy either the 16 or 17 jackshaft.

Back