• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 Viper XTX- How has installed the Hygear 141 Pro Linkage Kit

Didn't the 16' get a geometry change on the rear arms? I remember reading about it on 2016' AC 141 models but wondering if it made it to the Vipers also?

I installed the linkage kit and Hygear Dual Pressure chamber on the rear Float 3 a week ago on my '15 XTX.
To be honest, not sure what to think, yet. That said, didn't get too much seat time on it after I put on the kit and I'm afraid I have a leak on the Dual Pressure chamber (once I have put air in the main chamber I can't get any pressure reading on the pump from the dual chamber...)

I've seen only good reviews of the kit on this site and that's why I bought it, and from what I've read it's suppose to help in the smaller bumps.

Is your XTX SE having the Float Evol in the rear?

As you, I feel the rear end really comes alive in the bigger woops at speed, it seems to bounce around quite a lot. Without being a suspension expert to me it feels like the rebound is too fast (or maybe too much air pressure in the Float??)

Birkebeiner

Same thing I noticed but, while it reads zero, I can let air out of it. Its not my pump, I have two and they both work on my front shocks like normal. I emailed Hygear about this. They said make sure I have the hose screwed on all the way. Umm.... k thanks

Same thing I noticed but, while it reads zero, I can let air out of it. Its not my pump, I have two and they both work on my front shocks like normal. I emailed Hygear about this. They said make sure I have the hose screwed on all the way. Umm.... k thanks
Make sure you always put air in the small chamber first. Norm is usually about 30psi more than the main. Always should be more than the main and always first. This could cause your issue if not done first.

I'm not sure what to do either, I think I might get the linkage and buy a elka rear shock. I'm not a fan on the float in the rear.

Make sure you always put air in the small chamber first. Norm is usually about 30psi more than the main. Always should be more than the main and always first. This could cause your issue if not done first.

This is exactly what I have done. I followed the instructions exactly. I repeated this process a couple dozen times and even took the shock back off to double check there was no leak. Dunked it in water, no leak.

This is exactly what I have done. I followed the instructions exactly. I repeated this process a couple dozen times and even took the shock back off to double check there was no leak. Dunked it in water, no leak.

Same thing here, problem, or at least I think, is that I don't seem to get air into the dual chamber... I also emailed Hygear and got a similar response...

Birkebeiner

I put the ELKA rear shock on and love it stage 2 they set it to your weight it is all set up if you get one you will love it to no more bucking you around

I dont have one on hand to check but is the schrader valve assembly screwed into the small chamber? If so remove the entire schrader valve assembly and screw it into your pump and pump it to make sure air is going through the schrader valve. That would eliminate the valve and pump but It sounds like you guys have a leak in the floating piston in the small chamber. Air thats supposed to go in there is going into the main. Would be no visible leak to outside.

I dont have one on hand to check but is the schrader valve assembly screwed into the small chamber? If so remove the entire schrader valve assembly and screw it into your pump and pump it to make sure air is going through the schrader valve. That would eliminate the valve and pump but It sounds like you guys have a leak in the floating piston in the small chamber. Air thats supposed to go in there is going into the main. Would be no visible leak to outside.

My sled is at the cottage. I will be going there this weekend to pull the rear skid out for routine maintenance. I will check the schrader valves. Never thought of the air passing by the piston. Very interesting. Hope not.

Thanks for the info!

I put the ELKA rear shock on and love it stage 2 they set it to your weight it is all set up if you get one you will love it to no more bucking you around
Did it also help the rear end sag? Did you install the linkage with the shock?

yep the rear end sag is gone and I did not have to get the linkage kit give them a call 1800-557-0552 the shock I got was SKU-LK-162337 $449.99

Last edited:
Aren't you suppose to have some sag? Hygear says about 1/3 sag, which is similar to mountain bikes and dirt bikes as well..???

Birkebeiner

Aren't you suppose to have some sag? Hygear says about 1/3 sag, which is similar to mountain bikes and dirt bikes as well..???

Birkebeiner
Mine would sag 1/3 before I got on it. With ice build up and me 225 lbs it doesn't leave much for travel.

Long story short one day I ran out of gas and me and my wife jumped on her ltx and it rode better with both of us on then my xtx with me alone. I couldn't believe it.

Hey Viper guys, was ready to click purchase on this kit and wondered if or what every has done with the fox float 3 and having to eliminate a idler wheel. What’s the repercussion? Should I spend the extra and send the shock out to have a different cap put on it?

Sounds like the linkage kit is worth it, but don’t want to have to replace a set a slides half way through the season.

Hey Viper guys, was ready to click purchase on this kit and wondered if or what every has done with the fox float 3 and having to eliminate a idler wheel. What’s the repercussion? Should I spend the extra and send the shock out to have a different cap put on it?

Sounds like the linkage kit is worth it, but don’t want to have to replace a set a slides half way through the season.

I would send it in have the shock cap replaced, add Hygear Linkage and dual chamber and never look back.

Back