• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 Viper XTX- How has installed the Hygear 141 Pro Linkage Kit

Last edited:

I still think this would be a hot setup for off trail guys not willing to lose the uncoupled transfer. But if trail riding that Hygear linkage and the Evol sure seems to make everyone happy. I can add the Fox Evol for the price of refresh if you supply the new cap. $30
https://ty4stroke.com/threads/uncoupled-sleds-rear-shock.154367/#post-1445443
https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemp.../suspension-shock-rear-track-s16da8psl-600180

Sorry bud forgot about you on this.

Sorry bud forgot about you on this.
Its OK. I will have to call on my price for a single Evol kit for Fox Float but figure around $100. The double kits for front shocks can be found on Ebay cheaper than I can get them direct so if a guy found a buddy who also wanted to do it would be a really good deal. Plus you get the shocks serviced.

I would send it in have the shock cap replaced, add Hygear Linkage and dual chamber and never look back.
Here's what I ended up doing and my thought process...

I was mostly set on the Hygear Linkage and Dual pressure kit, but it meant lose an idler wheel or get the cap replaced. I wasn't willing to lose an idler, so shock rebuild with new cap it was....

Until I noticed the other option...
Linkage kit plus the Fox H1 - 1.5 Zero Pro Rear Shock....

Benefits to linkage + dual:
Cheaper (at least out of pocket)
Keeps the stock shock in play
Cost: $410 + ~$50 rebuild = $460

Benefits to linkage + Fox H1:
Better shock, custom built for my needs
Keep all idlers
Spring shock won't leave you stranded as a gas shock can
No need to check/change pressure over time
Ability to either retain fully stock gas shock or sell it to offset costs
Cost: $200 + $400 = $600.
Sell original Fox Float 3 for $140 and you are even with option 1!

I can't wait to hit the trails and try it out!

The timing on this is perfect. I was thinking hard today on trading my 2015 STX DX for something new, or upgrading the 2015 to give the ride and handling I'm still searching for. All of my riding buddies have switched to Ski Doos in the last yr. I was checking out a 900 Turbo, or a 850 etec. My wife asked what I didn't like about the viper. When I told her that I'm beat after a 400 mile day, she asked how much to fix the problems. Started pricing up the stuff I'd need, and came up hygear linkage and H1 Fox Zero Pro coil over. $1000 Canadian will cover the parts and hopefully give me the fun of a new sled, without the new sled payment!

If that doesn't compltely solve the handling issus, I'll add a set of SLP Mohawk skis.

The timing on this is perfect. I was thinking ....<snip>.... hygear linkage and H1 Fox Zero Pro coil over.
If you end up with this shock, you will also want one of these....
If anyone is sick of busting knuckles when adjusting center shock preload with the crappy spanner wrench that comes with your sled, I found a nice upgrade... thicker material so it doesnt slip off the nut, and the angle let's you work in a confined space better than stock.View attachment 150305
I'm just getting ready to Plasti-dip the handle to make it even better.... And blue. ;-)
View attachment 150306 there, that's better.
Source is:
UTV /Offroad 2.0", 2.5",& 3.0" Shock Dual-Rate Hardware Spanner Wrenches | Schmidty Racing
https://www.schmidtyracing.com/Dual-Rate-Hardware-Spanner-Wrenches-p/st-sr-drsw.htm

The wrench you want is the Fox 1.5 preload wrench, about $18.

It was an easy sale since I need it for center spring AND my new Fox H1 - 1.5 Zero Pro Rear Shock from Hygear.

Back