• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn’t sound terrible for a single cylinder.

Geez you have less snow there than we do even after yesterday’s big melt.
Yes its depressing. Frost is out of ground many places. The sled sounds great. Reminds me of a sport quad with stock pipe.

Ned a ride report...likes and dislikes.

Sure we all knew it was coming, the real question is did they put a 4 stroke in it? ;)

Last edited:
Sure we all knew it was coming, the real question is did they put a 4 stroke in it? ;)

img_2078.jpg

img-2078.jpg
That is a Viper, he has shared his build in a few places. He has been active on our FB page https://www.facebook.com/groups/613199069125927/

I'm guessing that a lot of people here have already seen this: http://www.arcticinsider.com/Article/Right-Sized-Ride-Review-–-iRide-the-Blast-ZR-and-LT. As for me, I found a couple things in that article interesting. One is the idea that Cat's past spring-order-only program was intended to rid the market of dealer hold-over inventory so as to eliminate a buyer's choice between a new model priced around $7,600 (as the Blast ZR is) and a bigger displacement hold-over at or near the same price point. And that because dealer hold-over inventory is now very low or non-existent, the timing is right for the introduction of the Blast. The other thing that caught my attention in this article is that the Blast is almost a full size sled. I think the author refers to it as a "7/8" size machine, and that from the tunnel forward, it incorporates a lot of procross chassis components. So the new plastics make it appear a little smaller, but it may not be as small as we think, so I do wonder if there is enough room for a 4T under the hood. One last thing, not part of this article, is that Cat's Snowmageddon pricing for the Blast does not include dealer fees and taxes, and some online posts say the out-the-door price of the Blast is at or over $9K. That's a pretty tough pill to swallow when you could get more sled in another brand for about the same price.

Ok I will say it. If the blast has a 4 st wedged into it. I dont want it. This sled needs to be as light as possible and it is. With a 2 st. Looks very easy to change a piston at whatever is determined to be the needed time and I bet it would be cheap. I would add some real shocks down the road and maybe a swaybar. Na nothing. Point is to run it and have fun.

I think if yamaha does not put a 4 stroke in the blast their sales will be very minimal. Would love a fan cooled 4 stroke. This would have tons of appeal to utillity market as well.

Just get the AC then?

I find my kids 200cc SnoScoot light and its a 4 stroke. lol
Sno Scoot is not the size of a Phazer. This Blast is. Phazer is too top heavy. Would be a shame if the Blast became top heavy and it would if this Blast Chassis had a 4st stuffed into it. I just hope Yamaha gets it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back