• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yamaha is very likely to buy Cat from textron. Just my thought on this. Look this post up next year and you may be surprised! LOL, just my thoughts on the subject.
I'm sorry but if Yamaha buys Cat then you can kiss two snowmobile brands good by. The only reason Yamaha is still around is because of Cat and Textron.

I'm sorry but if Yamaha buys Cat then you can kiss two snowmobile brands good by. The only reason Yamaha is still around is because of Cat and Textron.
Yup.Yamaha ran their own snowmobile brand into the ground.What would they do with Cat?It would be the end of both brands.Not that Yamaha would be interested anyways,you get what you put in and Yamaha puts in very little.

Yup.Yamaha ran their own snowmobile brand into the ground.What would they do with Cat?It would be the end of both brands.Not that Yamaha would be interested anyways,you get what you put in and Yamaha puts in very little.
It’s all in who is there fighting the big suits for the little suits. I agree Cat would have a struggle but I have faith in some of the guys there yet. Many were racers. They have it in their blood. Hopefully Yamaha would listen and bring their quality and engineering to Cats way of quickly changing. Something Yamaha was lacking last few years of Japan sleds. Till then let’s take what we can out of this relationship.

Unfortunately Yamaha is out of the sno mo biz. Not enough margin with the limited number of sales and not enough snow anymore to make it profitable. Sticking with outboards/watercraft/ATV and motorcycles. Thats where the volume is as those are 12 month of the year toys in most of the world. Sad but true and I wish it weren't true as I am a Yamaha faithful, just not sleds anymore.

Unfortunately Yamaha is out of the sno mo biz. Not enough margin with the limited number of sales and not enough snow anymore to make it profitable. Sticking with outboards/watercraft/ATV and motorcycles. Thats where the volume is as those are 12 month of the year toys in most of the world. Sad but true and I wish it weren't true as I am a Yamaha faithful, just not sleds anymore.

I've already come to accept that, And I honestly don't see sleds evolving much more than there current state beyond a "new" engine here or there or more gadgets. I plan on hanging onto my Viper for a LONG time as it has the power I want/need and even with its flaws, is a damn good chassis.

We should be soon seeing a sneak peek Vid from Yamaha, will we see a new chassis from Yamaha? are we all ready to be blown away? we have not heard from Jaret from Yamaha in a while, hope he is not cutting out stickers for Cat again.

When is the last time you were blown away by a pure Yamaha sled there suspension and chassis have been terrible since the release of the RX1 in 2003. The dependability and quality is great and the motors are the best but they can't put the whole package together. The Pro Cross has it's problems but rides and handles better than anything Yamaha has offered. So I hope they build off of that because if they ever come out with something on there own again we're doomed. I don't want another Apex.

I would not say we would be doomed if Yamaha put out their own chassis again, the mono road pretty good also really nice with the star upgrade and frankly my Apex xtx with the single shot rides pretty darn good with the updated shock, to say you would not want to see another Apex is quit a slap to the true blues, maybe you don't know it yet but you are with team Cat, they would love to hear you bash Yamaha on the Cat forum.

I would not say we would be doomed if Yamaha put out their own chassis again, the mono road pretty good also really nice with the star upgrade and frankly my Apex xtx with the single shot rides pretty darn good with the updated shock, to say you would not want to see another Apex is quit a slap to the true blues, maybe you don't know it yet but you are with team Cat, they would love to hear you bash Yamaha on the Cat forum.
Out of the box Yamaha sleds have never been able to compete with any other brand when it comes to suspension. To get a Yamaha sled to ride god you need to go to the aftermarket companies for help.

What ever dude (20/80)you keep riding your pretty darn good Apex i have moved on and I'm sorry you feel that I'm slapping you because ya ride an Apex. I have owned both i know what the difference is unlike you with a one track mind.

I've already come to accept that, And I honestly don't see sleds evolving much more than there current state beyond a "new" engine here or there or more gadgets. I plan on hanging onto my Viper for a LONG time as it has the power I want/need and even with its flaws, is a damn good chassis.

I think actually small scale production is where we will see development. I'm thinking new plastics can be tried here (a arms, tunnels) even engine parts..

Also the news of f1 going for two stroke tec will help engine inovation.. a 600cc 160hp 300lb sled is what we will have in 10 years I'd say..

I think actually small scale production is where we will see development. I'm thinking new plastics can be tried here (a arms, tunnels) even engine parts..

Also the news of f1 going for two stroke tec will help engine inovation.. a 600cc 160hp 300lb sled is what we will have in 10 years I'd say..
I’d be pleased that Yamaha stays in snow biz thru 2021 as more and more faithful have moved on to other brands. What will happen in 10 years is unrelatable for me as uncertainty is the current norm. 10 years??? WOW!

Anyone who says the mono rides pretty good has never spent any time on a Polaris, a Ski-Doo or a Cat. Although the four-cylinder Apex engine is the best in the biz, the chassis and suspension is bottom of the barrel. If I had to go back and ride a Apex, I'd have to give up riding, and that's a fact.

Every late model snowmobile on the planet ride and handles better than a Apex. Yamaha can not design or build a chassis or suspension that rides or handles to save its soul, and I don't know why, all they have to do is look at and ride a Ski-Doo, Cat or a Polaris. Copy them, do what they do. WTF, do something different that you've done in the past. Yamaha builds a quality product, but they don't ride well, handle well, or bring a smile to your face next to the others or like they do.

I'd be so happy if they brought out a high powered Apex or a turbo Apex in a Ski-Doo chassis, but to use the same engineers and testers they have used in the past and do the same thing they have done in the past, forget it. I've owned well over 20 RX-1's and Apex Deltabox chassis, never again!

Ok I will say it. If the blast has a 4 st wedged into it. I dont want it. This sled needs to be as light as possible and it is. With a 2 st. Looks very easy to change a piston at whatever is determined to be the needed time and I bet it would be cheap. I would add some real shocks down the road and maybe a swaybar. Na nothing. Point is to run it and have fun.

I look at the Phazer engine in a blast as a compliment to the line up, rather than the same damn thing with blue stickers. Why not appeal to the folks that truly want a 4-stroke. If they want 2-stroke, go place your order today at the AC dealer. Hell, they have blue!! And wraps are cheap.

When we owned both the SXR 500 and the Phazer FX 500, these were too hard to compare, as the chassis were so different. But the performance of the two engines were night and day. The SXR could get up to similar speed, but the phazer's torque from 0-60 was way better. And I can only assume that if that engine were in a blast chassis, it would be a hoot! Weight would be a non issue, as the power would be so much more, that it would feel light. And for those that really want it to be light, they will stay with the one-lung 400cc.

This is the same explanation why some guys will like the 800cc CTEC2 and others like the 998T in the nearly same chassis. They will want one or the other for different reasons and they compliment each other in the lineup. That's the right way to do it. It's really to the point that AC could produce the 2-stroke and Yamaha stick to the 4-stroke and life would be grand.

I know there are a ton of Yamaha fans here, that really had wished that the Phazer was announced in a more traditional chassis. And even more begged to have it dropped into a ProCross chassis later on as a starter sled. I truly believe that if the Blast chassis was co-developed to accept either engine, that they have a winner on board. And the blast chassis is a better size for that 85hp Phazer Engine, than the ProCross.

If it doesn't come, I see the next custom sled build.

I look at the Phazer engine in a blast as a compliment to the line up, rather than the same damn thing with blue stickers. Why not appeal to the folks that truly want a 4-stroke. If they want 2-stroke, go place your order today at the AC dealer. Hell, they have blue!! And wraps are cheap.

When we owned both the SXR 500 and the Phazer FX 500, these were too hard to compare, as the chassis were so different. But the performance of the two engines were night and day. The SXR could get up to similar speed, but the phazer's torque from 0-60 was way better. And I can only assume that if that engine were in a blast chassis, it would be a hoot! Weight would be a non issue, as the power would be so much more, that it would feel light. And for those that really want it to be light, they will stay with the one-lung 400cc.

This is the same explanation why some guys will like the 800cc CTEC2 and others like the 998T in the nearly same chassis. They will want one or the other for different reasons and they compliment each other in the lineup. That's the right way to do it. It's really to the point that AC could produce the 2-stroke and Yamaha stick to the 4-stroke and life would be grand.

I know there are a ton of Yamaha fans here, that really had wished that the Phazer was announced in a more traditional chassis. And even more begged to have it dropped into a ProCross chassis later on as a starter sled. I truly believe that if the Blast chassis was co-developed to accept either engine, that they have a winner on board. And the blast chassis is a better size for that 85hp Phazer Engine, than the ProCross.

If it doesn't come, I see the next custom sled build.
I owned three of the Phazer 4-strokes, and I really enjoyed the performance of that engine. It was the chassis that detracted from the engine's performance. I agree that if Yamaha & Cat worked together to put that engine in the new Blast chassis, it would be a winner. The Phazer had to be the lightest 4-stroke around, and putting that engine in a Blast would be even lighter. The Phazer engine in the chassis with the 146" track would be everything that the Phazer XTX should have been. I would be first in line at my dealer's door to put the money down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back