• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I will post my impressions tomorrow...man that red machine looks good!! Very stable...I have great expectations that the sled will be quiet, stable and dependable. If not then I'm going to Florida or warmer climates in the winter...trying to find a fun winter sport while the boats are out of the water.
like they say, if you got lemons then make lemonade...that's how I feel about winter...

I own a 2016 Venture TF . The seat is NOT comfortable but so far I keep it because of Yamaha reliability but im getting tired of waiting for a more comfortable Yamaha 2 up and my back and butt is getting tired of waiting . On March 9 th if they don t show improvement in the 2 up lineup im going to sell my venture and buy a Grand touring . We might break down more often but we will be comfortable on our day long ride .

I will post my impressions tomorrow...man that red machine looks good!! Very stable...I have great expectations that the sled will be quiet, stable and dependable. If not then I'm going to Florida or warmer climates in the winter...trying to find a fun winter sport while the boats are out of the water.
like they say, if you got lemons then make lemonade...that's how I feel about winter...
I own a 2016 Venture TF . The seat is NOT comfortable but so far I keep it because of Yamaha reliability but im getting tired of waiting for a more comfortable Yamaha 2 up and my back and butt is getting tired of waiting . On March 9 th if they don t show improvement in the 2 up lineup im going to sell my venture and buy a Grand touring . We might break down more often but we will be comfortable on our day long ride .
I just sold my 2016 venture tf, the ride can be stiff, I'd try adjusting the shocks/springs. I sold mine about 2 weeks ago because it was loud under 40mph...other than that it was a comfortable ride...
Yesterday got a new Sidewinder 2up...the red sled...steers very nicely and seems allot more stable than the TF...as far as power, I think the TF had plenty of power and the power steering is a must.
if you're not sure what to do with the adjusting, just take it to someone who does and have them adjust the shocks...I always had confidence on that sled that it wouldn't break down...its a solid machine. good luck.

Sailor Joe , Its just the seat and not the suspension I am complaining about , When I sit on my venture seat my knees are higher than my hips and the pressure goes to my lower back & tail bone . We looked at the Sidewinder 2 up but we have a trail behind our place about 3 km long that is narrow and full or twist and turns to reach the groomed Snowmobile trail. When we enter that homemade trail we always switch to entry level on the Venture and we crawl home at 20 km an hour . Still nice to leave right from home and not have to trailer . We think with the twist and turns and bumps and narrow trail that the Sidewinder would have to much pep to control .

I love my Sidewinder LTX, added the QS3R shocks and it rides and handles better than any other sled I have ever ridden. I met a guy on the trail two weeks ago who had a new 2020 GT, and he was overjoyed. He had a Doo 900T and hated it. After the first few hundred miles on the Sidewinder, he said the GT was far superior in every way to the Doo. He definitely had that "Sidewinder Smile."

That was the exact thought I had before getting the winder gt...that it didn't have the eco mode for doing the bumps and that with all the power I'd wind up in a tree from just touching the gas too hard from hitting the bumps...with the sidewinder the throttle control is fine at slow speeds...
When I had the TF I would eco mode the bumps and twisty trails for obvious reasons. The snow is falling hard here now and getting out there in a few. The warm weather ruined the trails here so waiting for the snow to build up a bit and then can start breaking in this machine...

This year Yamaha brand loyalty may be coming to an end for us. I have 9 yamaha sleds, a couple are just back yard beaters but all Yamaha. Looking for a new sled for the wife, I think she would ride more if she rode something updated from the Vmax XTC or the ER. Shes 5 ft and intimidated by the weight and size of my Viper. She has zero interest in riding one. If yamaha does not fill the sub 100hp category they leave me no choice but to give my money to a competitor.

Has she ever rode the viper? It’s a pretty easy ride. But I do understand. I’m hoping Yamaha comes through for you and many. If not looks like Polaris evo, the blast, or even that new FI 600 sport from doo might be your only options. Good luck

Has she ever rode the viper? It’s a pretty easy ride. But I do understand. I’m hoping Yamaha comes through for you and many. If not looks like Polaris evo, the blast, or even that new FI 600 sport from doo might be your only options. Good luck

We live in an area with very poorly maintained hilly trails in areas, she doesnt have the body weight or size to muscle a Viper for 150 miles a day. Would be fine im sure if we lived some where that the trails are flat and groomed but that is not the case. The idea is to make her more confident, comfortable and the experience more fun so she wants to go more. The Blast is exactly what I am considering. I talked to a few that test rode the Blast and they said it was fun! Handled great and was peppy for what it is. Sounds perfect for a small person not interested in arm pulling power and top speed. I just want her to get out and ride!!!!!!

Last edited:
This year Yamaha brand loyalty may be coming to an end for us. I have 9 yamaha sleds, a couple are just back yard beaters but all Yamaha. Looking for a new sled for the wife, I think she would ride more if she rode something updated from the Vmax XTC or the ER. Shes 5 ft and intimidated by the weight and size of my Viper. She has zero interest in riding one. If yamaha does not fill the sub 100hp category they leave me no choice but to give my money to a competitor.

The Doo 900 ACE is a very nice machine. Never have to worry if she's going to run out of gas. Extremely smooth and quiet. Set up with Snow trackers and an ice series track will give great confidence.

I've been riding a rs venture and just got a 2up sidewinder 2020. My wife who always rides on the 2up decided to try a 600 ace renegade ...she drove it and liked it very much...next sled will be a 600 ace renegade for her because its so easy to ride..If your wife gets a chance to ride a 600 renegades will like it.

I love my Sidewinder LTX, added the QS3R shocks and it rides and handles better than any other sled I have ever ridden. I met a guy on the trail two weeks ago who had a new 2020 GT, and he was overjoyed. He had a Doo 900T and hated it. After the first few hundred miles on the Sidewinder, he said the GT was far superior in every way to the Doo. He definitely had that "Sidewinder Smile."
just took out my new GT and went up the mountain, it handled so well in new snow, only problem was my visor was getting so much snow on it, had towhee off every 30 seconds, wet sticky snow coming down so heavy right now in Maine. had no problem getting out of a ditch turning around..so far an awesome sled.

Madelinot, don't worry about winder in slow trail. It is very easy to control at less than walking speeds, local park where we ride we found a new trail through bush and you could have walked faster than we drove it. Lots of stops for moving blowdown limbs and almost lock to lock turns wasn't a problem. Sled was new so it wanted to run "warm" but was amazed how docile winder can be down low. Our one buddy always wants to explore so we see some interesting places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back