• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks SaskAttack , At this point with only 1 month left in our winter I might as well wait and see what the 2021 release of Yamaha looks like . Thats my life waiting for new model release because I am waiting see what there side by side line up looks like in the fall . If they don t announce a 50 inch trail machine this year I will have no choice but to buy a Can Am Maverick trail .

We haven't seen any leaked photos yet or heard any rumors so I'm thinking that cant be a good sign unless somehow they have been able to hide something very well but I doubt that. I'm usually pretty excited for new releases but I'm not feeling that with Yamaha anymore.

We haven't seen any leaked photos yet or heard any rumors so I'm thinking that cant be a good sign unless somehow they have been able to hide something very well but I doubt that. I'm usually pretty excited for new releases but I'm not feeling that with Yamaha anymore.

Mid sized sled. Blast rebadged with a 4 stoke motor. Cats are already out. No new suspension or anything ground breaking for them, so same goes for us. So we getting new colours.

It won't just be a rebadged Blast. It will be a Blast that costs $3,000 more than a Blast, with a Yamaha clutch and a different ECU tune. It will "blast" a hole in your wallet. It will "blast" a hole in your finances for the next 79 years.

I shouldn't be so cynical.

If I was Yamaha and didn't want to spend too much on a new chassis design I'd go back and fix the handling issues of the Nytro chassis, throw the Apex motor in it, whala - hotcakes! That ship has no doubt sailed already, just another missed opportunity.

The Doo 900 ACE is a very nice machine. Never have to worry if she's going to run out of gas. Extremely smooth and quiet. Set up with Snow trackers and an ice series track will give great confidence.

Be careful, you mentioned the evil competition. Some folks might get..........

BHjpg.png

The Doo 900 ACE is a very nice machine. Never have to worry if she's going to run out of gas. Extremely smooth and quiet. Set up with Snow trackers and an ice series track will give great confidence.

If the throttle is anything like my 900 Turbo I'm not sure how anyone can have confidence in what the sled is going to do!

If the throttle is anything like my 900 Turbo I'm not sure how anyone can have confidence in what the sled is going to do!
Well I had a 900 ACE in for some work, so I had a chance to drive it. I don't know how any performance rider could stand that throttle.
Wait, wait.........oh there it is.

Yeah it's hard to remain optimistic being this close to March 9th with zero exciting hints.

Yeah it's hard to remain optimistic being this close to March 9th with zero exciting hints.
$13,000 Blasts is my guess what it will be. 15 if it has a 4s motor.

Went looking for a teaser and found the AlphaHawk prototype mountain sled video. I am getting excited. Not sure if this has been posted.
FD8178CE-BB44-4219-BD7E-DECCAD37D865.jpeg

Well I had a 900 ACE in for some work, so I had a chance to drive it. I don't know how any performance rider could stand that throttle.
Wait, wait.........oh there it is.
The Ace 900 I rode had worse throttle delay than my F150 which also has E-throttle. I'm use to my Phazer and Viper, both have very responsive thottles.

If Yamaha really has something new and exciting and they kept it this quiet, this long it would be the first in my lifetime. I'm with everyone else, more of the same which means more re-badged Arctic Cats. Or worse yet....bye bye Yamaha sled division.

Pretty hard to imagine bye bye sled division with them having a launch date and time. But i am with others on it being hard to believe they have kept anything new under complete wraps. But I think Doo surprised everyone with the mountain turbo so I guess anything is possible or at least to think there’s still a chance of something new

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back