• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own a 2016 Venture TF . The seat is NOT comfortable but so far I keep it because of Yamaha reliability but im getting tired of waiting for a more comfortable Yamaha 2 up and my back and butt is getting tired of waiting . On March 9 th if they don t show improvement in the 2 up lineup im going to sell my venture and buy a Grand touring . We might break down more often but we will be comfortable on our day long ride .
If you’re selling let me know what your sled has and money. Im looking for a used TF for next season 2014-2016. I have atcat but need a 2up for occasional use. NB is a nice ride. Just came back from 4 days one of which was through your trails.
PM if it happens
Thanks
Mike

The new sled will be a Yamablast, no doubt about it. There will be more than new stickers on the rest though, this is the year we will see the tuner skis finally go away on the performance trail sleds.

They kept it pretty quiet last year. If it wasnt for the breakdown and a passer by snapping a photo of the sled being towed back it would be just like this year. They had no teasers I remember. Only an explanation of the photo by corporate once the photo circulated.
If Yamaha really has something new and exciting and they kept it this quiet, this long it would be the first in my lifetime. I'm with everyone else, more of the same which means more re-badged Arctic Cats. Or worse yet....bye bye Yamaha sled division.

They kept it pretty quiet last year. If it wasnt for the breakdown and a passer by snapping a photo of the sled being towed back it would be just like this year. They had no teasers I remember. Only an explanation of the photo by corporate once the photo circulated.

there wasn’t really anything new to see anyways, this year will likely be no different. I still love my vipers regardless if they come out with something new! If they do come out with something new, I for one will wait an additional 2 years to see how it works before I consider upgrading.

The crystal ball is foggy at the moment. Please come back March 9th for a clearer view. Hahahahaha. Just my guess yamaha venom with ctec 600 in the sidewinder spin off chassis along with the Yamaha Blast/Enticer. I had to join the fun.

I have faith in Yamaha...for 8 more days.
:yam:

Well they need a 600 class sled for formula 3 racing. When it's the premiere class next winter, they may have a sled on the ice.

How about a Yamaha chasis with the ctec for the 2 stroke guys?I dont see a Yamaha chasis happening but if it happened I think using the ctec for a 2 stroke offering could be a possibility.Would cat see it as direct competition or a business opportunity...hard to say.Im sure Yamaha would be up for it,not sure about Cat through.Maybe another brand 2 stroke, outsourced cause Yamaha isnt making a 2 stroke but they need one.

Last edited:
Polaris's new 650 makes any other 600 obsolete before the Yammy stickers can be pasted on the Cats.

We shall see. I'm extremely skeptical that Polaris is capable of building a good 2 stroke motor on the first try. It took them over a decade to build a good 800, and the new 850 still is not right yet.

But, Kudos to Polaris for moving forward. That is more than we can say for Yamaha.

We shall see. I'm extremely skeptical that Polaris is capable of building a good 2 stroke motor on the first try. It took them over a decade to build a good 800, and the new 850 still is not right yet.

But, Kudos to Polaris for moving forward. That is more than we can say for Yamaha.

I saw the snap shot of the 650 on my buddy Fish’s FB page (Sledhead 24/7) yesterday. The first comment from one of his friends....”gee I was hoping for the 1000 turbo RZR motor from Polaris.”

Polaris's new 650 makes any other 600 obsolete before the Yammy stickers can be pasted on the Cats.
They took their most reliable engine, by far, and replaced it with the 650. They claim 12% more HP and 15% more torque which would put it around 135-140hp. Can’t wait to find one with the Viper, which is a lot closer to my buddies 800 Assault than his 600 Rush.

The only one left to show their hand is Yamaha. Come on Yamaha show us something! Are you listening?

If the throttle is anything like my 900 Turbo I'm not sure how anyone can have confidence in what the sled is going to do!

Hard to do a multi quote so I just picked this one.

For a wife's sled and not a gearhead the 900 ACE is tough to beat. Yes the ITC throttle is herky jerky in sport mode, but put it in standard and it's just fine. No it's not fun if you like to saw on the throttle, but rolling in is smooth and steady. I personally dislike it as well, but I'm learning to deal with it. The key is to choke way up on it so the web between your thumb and fore finger is right at the gap. They do say that the aftermarket ECM programmers have addressed this as well. That or have an enterprising man like Travis could look to set up a stiffer spring and/or altered lever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back