• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea my Vector XTS”s have a drone as well. But compared to the rear shock the least of my worries. I did finally buy an updated shock from Travis. And Soft Start clutch springs. Looking forward to the improved ride!

wearing earplugs is just smart...as far as borrowing a pair from work all I can say about that is that when I go for a physical for work, a hearing test is required...and yes job opportunities are lost if you do not have good hearing believe it or not...I'm in a highly regulated industry..anyway, I'm sure the company would be glad your protecting your ears at work and outside of work so they don't have to deal with litigation down the road like asbestos claims and the like...ear plugs are cheap...an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Are you ready to rock down to ELECTRIC AVENUE?
If what you’re implying indeed comes to fruition I’m going to be severely disappointed in the big Y, that’s not what they need to be relevant in the market. Talk about not understanding your demo’s and missing the mark! :o|

LoL! You could be right! But The resorts will all have to provided plug ins. I loved racing Slot Cars when Iwas growing up! Of course they will need some lightweight batteries. Could be getting off track here. You know Slot Car Track. Lol!

I think many forget how much fun can be had on a lower hp machine. I primarily rode my skidoo turbo for testing purposes but rode a 15 phazer xtx as my second sled. I honestly had more fun riding the phazer.
Just logged 150 miles on my Phazer when I took my little sister out for a ride and put her on my Viper, I actually forgot how fun that sled is........ and forgot how well my sister can ride as I had the phazer pinned keeping up. I started riding in the early 90's and the vast majority of the machines on the trail were ~65hp and not much lighter than what we have now. Along came the long travel suspensions and everyone wanted more power to keep up with the suspension.

I ran some numbers on that, without going over the 600# mark it's hard to cram enough "current tech" battery into a chassis to go beyond 40 trail miles on a charge, but that's at the Sidewinder performance level. It would take a full 16-18 hours on a 15 amp 110v to recharge.

So a 900 electric sled @The redhead is never dead ?

or are you just implying that we will all be “shocked” when Yamaha releases a 900?

you’ve been leaving very small hints, whether they’re actually hints or not idk. I guess we’ll see if you actually know what your talking about on Monday.

I hope that the recent release of the "Taiga electric" is where it stops....my biggest grip is the sound....or lack of lol
I will never EVER own an electric sled. Give me back that srx triple sound, and I’ll listen to that all day!

At Haydays they had survey cards out asking people about colors. When I asked a Yamaha rep about 2021 he straight up told me they would be releasing a mid size sled. When I asked about a 2-Stroke he gave me a odd look and said why would anyone want to go back to a 2-stroke?

My guess is a rebadged blast and new colors for Viper and Sidewinder.

At Haydays they had survey cards out asking people about colors. When I asked a Yamaha rep about 2021 he straight up told me they would be releasing a mid size sled. When I asked about a 2-Stroke he gave me a odd look and said why would anyone want to go back to a 2-stroke?

My guess is a rebadged blast and new colors for Viper and Sidewinder.
You should have asked that Rep why they have a 600 two stroke Yamaha Transporter in there line up then, that Rep is not allowed to disclose any info on sleds before the release, he is just guessing also.

The Cat 600 in Yamaha colours is a real possibility, like the 600 transporter.
However, this sled has fallen behind a little with the 2020 Doo 600 at 130+ HP and Pol now having a 650.
It has the lowest HP in that class and is the heaviest. (not that I am ever going back to a 600)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back