• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall reading that the 973 motor was purpose built for snowmobiles. Really don't see the need for new motors. There is nothing wrong with the motors they have. The have been developed, and they work so why not keep using them?

A viper with the 16-17 vector electronics package with drive mode, new Yamaha designed chain case, sidewinder muffler to refine the noise a bit would be tough sled to pass up on for reliable comfortable trail sled. The large radiator and fan makes it fool proof for riding any snow conditions.

Need to have color options again. Standardize spindles, a arms, rails to black and offer all the models with several color options on plastic. I'm sure they would have sold more Viper GT's if available in a color other than red. The mix and match of every color under the sun from year to year drives me nuts. From the perspective of my business, the chances of me having the a arm, rail, spindle or body panel to match ones specific year sled is slim to none. No way any dealer is going to have in stock, let alone Yamaha as backorder status has become the norm on almost anything ordered anymore.
In my opinion Yamaha has been in corporate profit mode since the 2012 Vector. They are not dumping big dollars into R&D for sleds, just enough for refinements. The market is not growing enough to make it worth it for them. Unlike Polaris and somewhat BRP, Yamaha and Textron don't need snowmobiles to satisfy their stock holders. They will keep doing what they are doing as long as the Yamaha and Cat faithful keep buying. They will stop building sleds when their faithful, "US", stop buying their product. I love Yamaha and don't want to see this happen, but for the corporate bean counters its all about the $ profit margins!

40hp in heavier slower Blast? Why waste their time. They havent even replaced the missing phazer. That would be pure insanity...lol
The reason I was thinking the low HP 4 stroke, In the picture of the little kid and his dad looking at the bars of an enticer, I don't think his dad would be putting him on a 65hp rebadged blast.

I had a lot of hope up until last year but then I had to just accept the fact that Yamaha is doing a slow and silent exit out of snowmobiles. When it's time to trade I am resigned to the fact it will be a Doo or Cat. It can't be denied any longer.

The reason I was thinking the low HP 4 stroke, In the picture of the little kid and his dad looking at the bars of an enticer, I don't think his dad would be putting him on a 65hp rebadged blast.

I think many forget how much fun can be had on a lower hp machine. I primarily rode my skidoo turbo for testing purposes but rode a 15 phazer xtx as my second sled. I honestly had more fun riding the phazer.

Can anyone tell me why Yamaha is always the last to release their sleds?

Be careful, you mentioned the evil competition. Some folks might get..........

View attachment 153538
ive heard it a thousand times how good Doo's are on gas...its always a Doo owner saying it and that's about all they can say about their sleds.
Good on gas? Well if you got to count your pennies to put fuel in your sled then you're in the wrong sport...gas is the cheapest thing about sledding...it's like when I take people fishing...they think buying the bait is helping out, or they'll bring the beer...wrong on both counts...

In my opinion Yamaha has been in corporate profit mode since the 2012 Vector. They are not dumping big dollars into R&D for sleds, just enough for refinements. The market is not growing enough to make it worth it for them. Unlike Polaris and somewhat BRP, Yamaha and Textron don't need snowmobiles to satisfy their stock holders. They will keep doing what they are doing as long as the Yamaha and Cat faithful keep buying. They will stop building sleds when their faithful, "US", stop buying their product. I love Yamaha and don't want to see this happen, but for the corporate bean counters its all about the $ profit margins!
corporations are supposed to make money, and keep people employed and return a dividend to stock owners...but to say Yamaha has not put much into their sleds, I would have to say I just got rid of my 2016 venture and got a 2up sidewinder, I'd say Yamaha has vastly make better sleds in the past few years.

corporations are supposed to make money, and keep people employed and return a dividend to stock owners...but to say Yamaha has not put much into their sleds, I would have to say I just got rid of my 2016 venture and got a 2up sidewinder, I'd say Yamaha has vastly make better sleds in the past few years.
Yes the procross chassie got better through the years, but Yamaha isn't the one that put down the big money for R&D on a the platform. It was Cat. Yes Yamaha did bring the 998 turbo to the market, however that motor is also used in the YXZ! So where did Yamaha commit the big money for sleds exclusively? The bean counters got a better return on their investment using Cat's platform with their own LITTLE updates! Yamaha fans and loyalists, like you and I, are at the mercy of big corporate!

Yes the procross chassie got better through the years, but Yamaha isn't the one that put down the big money for R&D on a the platform. It was Cat. Yes Yamaha did bring the 998 turbo to the market, however that motor is also used in the YXZ! So where did Yamaha commit the big money for sleds exclusively? The bean counters got a better return on their investment using Cat's platform with their own LITTLE updates! Yamaha fans and loyalists, like you and I, are at the mercy of big corporate!
LOL...Very funny...we all need to make our coin, and yes I have faith in Yamaha engines and if it comes in cat chases form then fine. That 2016 Yamaha RS Venture TF I had was a yami chases and it nearly ruined my ears with the track drone...more than likely it was my ears...not the sled. You'd think after that experience with the venture I'd go Doo...I just couldn't follow the heard and now very glad I didn't...that 2up sidewinder is quiet and outrageous in every category.

Ear plugs are awesome. ;)
on the venture I tried hard and soft earplugs...then bought Bose noise cancelling earbuds...nothing worked...oh, even ported the track...nothing worked for me.

on the venture I tried hard and soft earplugs...then bought Bose noise cancelling earbuds...nothing worked...oh, even ported the track...nothing worked for me.
same for me with my apex. the drone was a killer

I never realized how loud my Apex was while I owned it.

Last season I rode one after getting off my Sidewinder. They are crazy loud compared to a Winder!
I feel somewhat vindicated on the noise. I've heard the Apex had a bad drone and there was nothing that could be done about it. no problems with the Sidewinder but it is always a good idea to protect the ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back