• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only one left to show their hand is Yamaha. Come on Yamaha show us something! Are you listening?
Not sure if their listening, Jaret showed us his Winder and his 300 enticer if that suppose to mean something along with a kid and his dad looking at a snowmobile, so maybe a youth sled, AKA Yamiblaster, it might have the phazer engine in it but I doubt that, there is rumor of a new recreated model of the Venom most likely in a pro cross but possible this maybe where Yamaha releases their own new chassis for this model, not sure what motor it will have though, it could be a revamped lighter more powerful nytro motor and Yamaha slowly phasing out the Viper, can't see Yamaha putting their own 2 stroke in it, Cat has already got rid of the 7000 series/Viper model if that means anything, haven't heard much from Jaret lately he may be busy cutting out shiny new stickers for the pro cross, on the 9th will tell the tale

All I know is I will be on my Viper riding on the 9th and going to bed after! Will start work on 10th and look then. Hopefully start of a good week.

Not sure if their listening, Jaret showed us his Winder and his 300 enticer if that suppose to mean something along with a kid and his dad looking at a snowmobile, so maybe a youth sled, AKA Yamiblaster, it might have the phazer engine in it but I doubt that, there is rumor of a new recreated model of the Venom most likely in a pro cross but possible this maybe where Yamaha releases their own new chassis for this model, not sure what motor it will have though, it could be a revamped lighter more powerful nytro motor and Yamaha slowly phasing out the Viper, can't see Yamaha putting their own 2 stroke in it, Cat has already got rid of the 7000 series/Viper model if that means anything, haven't heard much from Jaret lately he may be busy cutting out shiny new stickers for the pro cross, on the 9th will tell the tale
In my opinion, from what we have seen is that we will get either a rebadged blast and or a small four stroke, air cooled four stroke, at about 40 hp. Also I believe every thing else will stay the same accept the ski's! Jarret likes single keel ski's in his video so that is what we will get. Cat and Yamaha, especially Yamaha seem to be falling so far behind the other two! You look at the Polaris Matrix VL1 or whatever they call it, the tech is jumping!

Last edited:
Doo and Polaris were very quiet and introduced some nice new platforms and engines so maybe Yamaha will do the same. We can hope they’re in it to win it!

Doo and Polaris were very quiet and introduced some nice new platforms and engines so maybe Yamaha will do the same. We can hope they’re in it to win it!
Hope your right, they did bring us the winder engine which was a win and still is, but its time for a nice new platform from Japan, there is no way Yamaha does not no this, so again are they listening.

I hope they come with something good, I rode a 600 renegade ski Doo last week for a day and I would say my vector is really close to how that handles, they could build something really good I hope it’s not another Arctic crap!

Hope your right, they did bring us the winder engine which was a win and still is, but its time for a nice new platform from Japan, there is no way Yamaha does not no this, so again are they listening.

But in reality, the winder engine is the third modification of the 3 holer from 2005! ( 973 to 1049 to 998cc) And, the 3 holer wasn't even new in 2005 as it was adapted from another platform. And the frigin' clutch still rattles!!!

If Yamaha has not made any sneak peak videos or even put on their website a 2021 release date I would not expect anything but new colors and decals. Maybe there will be a Yamaha rebadge version of a Blast but I don’t think there will be anything big. At this point people either have already been to the dealer or are about to go to put their deposits down on a Ski Doo, Arctic Cat and as of last night a Polaris. If Yamaha had anything new and exciting that could take market share away from the other brands why would they wait to introduce their earth shattering all new machine last so they could lose out on sales because everyone else already spring ordered with the other manufactures? Yamaha appears to be losing more dealers these days than gaining. They can’t compete with Ski Doo who has conquered the market in sales, fantastic accessories and dare I say decent quality machines (can’t believe I said that). Yamaha needs to play a long game of catch up if they want to gain back the considerable market share they have lost. And they will never get there only offering a Sidewinder and a Viper which have the best motors in the industry but all the other parts are made with the cheapest parts Cat can find.

In my opinion, from what we have seen is that we will get either a rebadged blast and or a small four stroke, air cooled four stroke, at about 40 hp. Also I believe every thing else will stay the same accept the ski's! Jarret likes single keel ski's in his video so that is what we will get. Cat and Yamaha, especially Yamaha seem to be falling so far behind the other two! You look at the Polaris Matrix VL1 or whatever they call it, the tech is jumping!

40hp in heavier slower Blast? Why waste their time. They havent even replaced the missing phazer. That would be pure insanity...lol

I think the Blast single is a great sled not that I am a big fan of Cat but I do like this concept, its not a lake rocket or a big bump sled by any means but it was not made to target that, its just a do all sled from youth to the older crowd to ice fisher or trapper or just some guy wanting to go in to his camp and check it out, also would not be to intimidating to your wife that likes to get out and trail ride, that single cylinder would be good on fuel and great for towing a pull behind with some gear, I hope Yamaha puts it in their line up and keeps that engine, we have enough 90 mph rocket rednecks on the trail now!!

I'd like to see a Yamaha version of the Blast with the fan cooled VK540 engine. That should be a inexpensive sled since that engine is over 40 years old and still performs for what it is intended.

I'm sure we will see BNG slapped on some blue Cats. I actually really like my Sidewinder, but it would be refreshing to see something new!

But in reality, the winder engine is the third modification of the 3 holer from 2005! ( 973 to 1049 to 998cc) And, the 3 holer wasn't even new in 2005 as it was adapted from another platform. And the frigin' clutch still rattles!!!

I recall reading that the 973 motor was purpose built for snowmobiles. Really don't see the need for new motors. There is nothing wrong with the motors they have. The have been developed, and they work so why not keep using them?

A viper with the 16-17 vector electronics package with drive mode, new Yamaha designed chain case, sidewinder muffler to refine the noise a bit would be tough sled to pass up on for reliable comfortable trail sled. The large radiator and fan makes it fool proof for riding any snow conditions.

Need to have color options again. Standardize spindles, a arms, rails to black and offer all the models with several color options on plastic. I'm sure they would have sold more Viper GT's if available in a color other than red. The mix and match of every color under the sun from year to year drives me nuts. From the perspective of my business, the chances of me having the a arm, rail, spindle or body panel to match ones specific year sled is slim to none. No way any dealer is going to have in stock, let alone Yamaha as backorder status has become the norm on almost anything ordered anymore.

I recall reading that the 973 motor was purpose built for snowmobiles. Really don't see the need for new motors. There is nothing wrong with the motors they have. The have been developed, and they work so why not keep using them?

A viper with the 16-17 vector electronics package with drive mode, new Yamaha designed chain case, sidewinder muffler to refine the noise a bit would be tough sled to pass up on for reliable comfortable trail sled. The large radiator and fan makes it fool proof for riding any snow conditions.

Need to have color options again. Standardize spindles, a arms, rails to black and offer all the models with several color options on plastic. I'm sure they would have sold more Viper GT's if available in a color other than red. The mix and match of every color under the sun from year to year drives me nuts. From the perspective of my business, the chances of me having the a arm, rail, spindle or body panel to match ones specific year sled is slim to none. No way any dealer is going to have in stock, let alone Yamaha as backorder status has become the norm on almost anything ordered anymore.
This would be easy to do from a manufactures point of view. Its easy to change the appearance of something by just changing the color and graphics. Yamaha needs to get with the game and offer 3-4 color options per model. Also people should be able to build their sled how they want it for example, shock options and track options. These are all easy things to do that would take no more time in the factory then it already does to put sleds together. Basically what that tells me is Cat and Yamaha are lazy. Well I'm sorry to tell you this Cat and Yamaha but being lazy doesn't get you to the top, hard work does and I would bet the engineers over at Ski-doo and Polaris are working pretty damn hard. Please show us something Yamaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back