• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Sidewinders sold out !

Last few years Cat had a new guy in charge of the parts buying. He was a idiot and didn’t order nearly what was acquired in previous years. They fired him and brought a old guy back that will straighten things out. With Covid and nobody wanting to work when they can get govt handouts even with best intentions many parts are difficult to get. All it takes is one critical part that can’t be gotten and a snowmobile or anything else just won’t work. They are just being cautious and justifiably so. I would suggest getting your sled work or mods done on current sleds now. Because we all could be in same situation as the manufacturers and not even know it.

Some parts are on backorder until Late Summer, showing that there is no inventory and in fact, they will not be made until then! Heard this was coming from a local Cat dealer a month ago!

Too many workers making easy money unemployed! Getting very old.

It is all about the supply chain of parts and it is affecting may industries besides powersports.

I have a viper in for an insurance repair. Emailed the list of front end parts to dealer yesterday and all of them are out of stock until july/august. We saw it severely this past season with backordered items from Yamaha and I don't see it being any different this year.

You are going to see the supply chain get alot worse. For better than a year we have had many areas with many different restrictions and regulations. Which is still goin on. Lack of work force to do work, lack of components to make products. Just think of all the part assemblies on a sled now think of the components that goes into making those parts. I hope they can build the sleds on time. But the parts issues are going to get worse throughout all segments of the market not just in motorsports. How would you like your truck which is your livelyhood be down for 2 weeks cause you can't get a injector or turbo. Going to get interesting. Only thing I can say is maybe next time some people will think a little more when it comes time to cast there votes.

I have always treated my sleds like aircraft in that even in normal years I have always kept a supply of spare parts that I feel could need replacing over a normal riding season for all my sleds whether its an Apex or a Sidewinder because I don't want "down" time waiting for parts.
In todays world I agree that the parts supply chain has been bad and will get worse before it gets better.
I just hope I have enough parts on hand!

I just got a call from my dealer i order 2 yamaha waverunnrs an they are on hold because they dont have the chemicals to make the foam seats for them he didn't know when it was going to start up the factory for yamaha. so you better hope they get that worked out or you guys will have sleds that will need Boat cushion for seat to ride on LOL.

was talking with customer and he said a company that makes alot of the foam inserts for seats is in Texas and they lost power back when the weather was bad and all molds had foam in the so they have to clean and redo molds. this is a f----ed up world we are in now.

Arctic Cat makes there own seat up stairs in the Factory you could say they are home made, when i was there for a tour it was pretty cool how they made the seats and screen printed the sides of them, they even made the covers.

You are going to see the supply chain get alot worse. For better than a year we have had many areas with many different restrictions and regulations. Which is still goin on. Lack of work force to do work, lack of components to make products. Just think of all the part assemblies on a sled now think of the components that goes into making those parts. I hope they can build the sleds on time. But the parts issues are going to get worse throughout all segments of the market not just in motorsports. How would you like your truck which is your livelyhood be down for 2 weeks cause you can't get a injector or turbo. Going to get interesting. Only thing I can say is maybe next time some people will think a little more when it comes time to cast there votes.
lots of replacement workers coming over the boarder...those on extended unemployment for no good reason should take note...the new labor force will work for allot less most likely. Contractors in just about every field see prices for components for their trade exploding, just check out the price for wood, shingles, building materials...not to mention the price for food is going way up, but the price for labor in the trades is not or not nearly as much as the materials are. The next voting cycle could be the last that matters...

I also keep some spares on hand like, hyfax, carbides, bearings, belts, spark plugs, oil filter and oils.

Supply demand issue with parts. Ok. Need lead time since our engine and clutches are from Japan. Ok.

Then why are the sled models that is sold out, only difference is colours, springs and shocks... If it would be because of engine, clutches or some other part then they should all be sold out...

I take my comment back. Seeing out of stock on other models than Sidewinders makes me realize they truly go by X amount of models to get a Z amount of total parts. Not the other way around. I though they where more flexible than that.

I wonder how many snowcheck only models, SRX and LE they attribute to sell vs the SE who supposed to have been available in season.

Last edited:
Arctic cat for the most part is a 3rd party manufacturing facility , that Yamaha is using .
AC needs to look out for themselves first and foremost , and then secondly keep Yamaha happy .
If you can only make so many sleds , once you cover your own needs , then Yamaha gets the rest .
Obviously Yamaha is ok with the arrangement , or they would walk .
Don't know if they have much choice at this time .
Have they really sold that many sleds , or, is their allotment less than ??
Less than it was in the all sleds made in Japan days ? probably
More than what it has been in prior years from AC ? possibly , as they are saying record sales .
Record sales , without definition , can be spun anyway you want .
Record sales , as in record for highest average selling price of full sized sleds in a year .
That one is pretty easy to hit for all brands , apparently .
Record sales of total number of Yamaha sleds built in TRF . seems like a no brainer .
and so on and so on ,...... I think you see what I mean .
All that being said , as long as they are positive records , which they are implying , then it is good for the Yamaha faithful , and for snowmobiling in general.
It appears this years manufacturing issues are different than last years , as parts supply was not as big of an issue ly , as it appears to be ty , and it is world wide , thru out mostly all industries .
In my business , I am already being affected with cost increases and time delays for next Fall deliveries , of which orders I placed months ago .
Hopefully things work out and we all get our new 2022 sleds on time , or at least IN time .
Just my 2.6 cents worth !(CDN)

Speaking purely to the comment that Arctic Cat will cover its own bases first. Supply chain agreements don't work like that. Yamaha would have negotiated a percentage of manufacturing up front, and Arctic Cat would have to meet its delivery obligations especially given that Yamaha is outselling Arctic Cat on their big sleds. Arctic Cat in turn would have to disclose their limitations to Yamaha on their 2021/22 season deliverables and that is most likely why you see the 'sold out' resolution. The existing supply chain has been fully committed to building for both companies.

Speaking purely to the comment that Arctic Cat will cover its own bases first. Supply chain agreements don't work like that. Yamaha would have negotiated a percentage of manufacturing up front, and Arctic Cat would have to meet its delivery obligations especially given that Yamaha is outselling Arctic Cat on their big sleds. Arctic Cat in turn would have to disclose their limitations to Yamaha on their 2021/22 season deliverables and that is most likely why you see the 'sold out' resolution. The existing supply chain has been fully committed to building for both companies.
Covering their own bases first , would happen before the contract is negotiated .

Anyone know how to bring up the webpage with all the models like in the first post? Trying to see if the sold out of more models since the Snowchecked date has now pass. For the life of me I clicked every everywhere and don't see the page.

I think you have to click on "Order now" or something like that.....

Which they might have removed. I clicked on individually a couple of models which says sold out or not. Seems they still have LTX GTs and LTX SEs etc...

Back